Almost lost my sister and her daughter..read on...

bluemonster1

LIFE MEMBER ONLY ONCE!!!
My sister was 1 of 4 vehicles in a brazzer accident caused by some idiot who started things off side swiping a car at high speed....the guy was moving for some unkown reason...

Scary stuff when you are minding your own business..here is my sisters's own word's on the situation:

yeah i am very sore today. Hope they nail that asshole in the van. He apparently side swiped a car on St. marys rd. and was trying to run away when he got up to me and hit me full force while i was going 60km so he must have been going 90-100km cause he was only a blur in my rear view mirror prior to smashing into me. My car was pushed forward picking up speed and starting spinning out of control as I did a 360 on st.mary's rd. , jumping the dividing boulevard and taking out trees as I continued to spin and finally landed on the opposite side of st. marys facing oncoming traffic. While all this was happening to me I noticed another car shooting off to the right on st. mary's road and what happened is the van after hitting me continued on his speeding rage and rear ended that car hard enough to bounce it off the street. He then smashed into a large tree on a st. mary's rd. home property which finally stopped him while a fire raged out of his front end. I was thinking I was having a bad day but then apparently I guess I had a great day as there was no traffic close to me when I was spinning out of control and no close oncoming traffic once I flew to the other side over the boulevard. And yeah, for a few minutes I forgot about the dog in the back of the car and when I realized I should check I couldn't believe she was perfectly alright, looking at the pic of the car trunk. I didn't want to go in the ambulance or with paramedics to the hospital but I did go on my own as the paramedics were stressing I should go as it was a pretty bad crash. It is amazing that I have nothing but a scratch on my ankle, however Jen's car is almost guaranteed to be written off which is not good new for her as they never give you enough to cover another car. Don't know if the driver was drunk, or if it was a stolen van, or what, hopefully I will find out the details. Now I have to call in a police report. Pretty scary stuff, yesterday could have been my last day on earth if things didn't line up as they did. You never know ... Talk to you later.

Here is a pic of here car facing the wrong way in the south bound lanes.Remember she was in the North bound lanes originally.My niece is giving her a hug..probably couldn't believe what just happened.They haven't caught this guy yet..go figure.He crashed the van into a tree and ran....

Attachments

• sharon's accident.jpg
    sharon's accident.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 122
yep the laws out here stink.Probably was a minor and if caught..a slap on the wrist again.More likely his 10 offense already.The Justice system in this country is a joke.Innocent people are losing the battle with the criminals...either losing a family member or being injured for life.
There was a 57 year old woman who pulled out of a parkade downtown a while back..had to get in the right lane quick in order to make a turn on a major route during rush hour traffic at 4:00 pm.Witness said they saw her approaching the exit to the street( which was a one way).She turned her head right to see the traffic and gunned it left.As this was happening..she mowed over 5 people like bowling pins to her left..killed 2 of them.NOW GET THIS..she said she accidentally hit the gas instead of her brake..She basically lied(the witness phoned in on a late night local talk show here and told the story.She floored it because she had a second to get into the right lane which was 3 lanes across).Judge sentenced her to community service and no licence for 10 years.NOW SHE IS APPEALING THE 10 YEAR BAN..can you believe it.No remorse here.But 2 human beings are dead..go figure.10 years min. in prison and no licence ever should be the punishment..don't you think.

I will talk to my sister one day to see how it felt at that moment of impact and what she was thinking,right now I will let her relax and heal.

Last edited:
I guess time will tell.I am sure there was a little whiplash effect going on there.If she saw the van in the mirror,she probably braced herself more which probably will cause more injuries.She is very sore she tells me.Yeah if my sister and niece were killed..don't even know how my Brother-in-law would of handled that..he would be lost without them.My sister got lucky that day and that was it.If it was rush hour traffic,there would of been a ton of vehicles travelling the South bound lanes..couldn't even imagine what could of happened then.You never know when your number is up as my wife says.

more pics and story

pics of my sisters car and I think that van is the one that hit here.He then hit that tree also...

Seven people were taken to hospital after a major crash involving multiple vehicles in the 800 block of St. Mary's road, Winnipeg police said Wednesday.

Police have not commented on the nature of anyone's injuries, but said seven people were taken to hospital where they were listed in stable condition.

Winnipeg police arrived quickly at the scene at 2:15 p.m. CT and quickly issued a statement describing the crash as "serious."

However, traffic is again flowing along the busy north-south route.

Northbound St. Mary's was closed at Frederick Avenue to Lennox Avenue for more than an hour.

The crash involved as many as four vehicles, CBC reporter Ismaila Alfa said in a report from the scene.

Two of them were towed away after they came to rest on the front lawn of a home.

A minivan at the scene was missing nearly all of its front end.

Attachments

• mb-crash-st-marys-full.jpg
    mb-crash-st-marys-full.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 1
  • mb-crash-damage-alfa-full.jpg
    mb-crash-damage-alfa-full.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 0

Back