chain case lube

warrior rider

has anyone use the lube with graphfite in it for thier sleds and would it be recomended in a 04 warrior

never used any with graphite my self. any good quality synthetic or dino 80w90 will work just fine. i am running amsoil synthetic chaincase lube in mine atm. last 2 seasons i ran royal purple 75w140.

thank you. i have 80w90 synthetic for it then i seen about the graphite lube and thought i'd see how it was. looks like i'll use what i have for now :offtopic: i like your icon my wife has me painting her sled pink with purple accents

lol thanks. it is an old snomobile badge/patch that my grandfather gave to me when i was 7 and he had had it for at least 10 years before that. at 36 on me, it is pretty vintage.

I used some stuff with the graphite once, I think it was klotz. It was just nasty and dirty black goo. It looked dirty before I even put it in the chaincase! I think the idea was that you would have extra protection from the graphite if the oil was lost or leaked out. I quit using it.

The Amsoil chaincase lube is 30 weight which I like in cold weather over a heavy gear lube, buts its not gonna make or break ya either way.

whats the capacity of the chaincase in a SRX? i bought some scAMSOIL chaincase oil in a 12fl oz bottle

bluemonster1 said:
good stuff I use is a Synthetic ATF for the past few years already..works great also. ;)!

Ditto....and the red'ish color makes it easy to spot leaks.

The SRX service manual states the chaincase fill volume is 8.5 fluid ounces. I always run slightly more like 9 ounces. There is plenty of chaincase volume and I like to have more lube rather than less.

Hey quick question - are you guys staying with a GL-3 rating ? I don't have any GL-3 only GL-5 Oils. I'm not sure on this - so I'll hold off till I get some unless I'm told differently :)

Wiki:
API GL-3, oils for moderate conditions. Contain up to 2.7% antiwear additives. Designed for lubricating bevel and other gears of truck transmissions. Not recommended for hypoid gears.
API GL-4, oils for various conditions - light to heavy. They contain up to 4.0% effective antiscuffing additives. Designed for bevel and hypoid gears which have small displacement of axes, the gearboxes of trucks, and axle units. Recommended for non-synchronized gearboxes of US trucks, tractors and buses and for main and other gears of all vehicles. These oils are basic for synchronized gearboxes, especially in Europe.
API GL-5, oils for severe conditions. They contain up to 6.5% effective antiscuffing additives. The general application of oils in this class are for hypoid gears having significant displacement of axes. They are recommended as universal oils to all other units of mechanical transmission (except gearboxes). Oils in this class, which have special approval of vehicle manufacturers, can be used in synchronized manual gearboxes only. API GL-5 oils can be used in limited slip differentials if they correspond to the requirements of specification MIL-L-2105D or ZF TE-ML-05. In this case the designation of class will be another, for example API GL-5+ or API GL-5 LS.
API GL-6, oils for very heavy conditions (high speeds of sliding and significant shock loadings). They contain up to 10% high performance antiscuffing additives. They are designed for hypoid gears with significant displacement of axes. Class API GL-6 is not applied any more as it is considered that class API GL-5 well enough meets the most severe requirements

Back