Long Travel Suspension Question!!!

thstorms

I have a '98 VMax XTC I thought the front end was similar to a SX and a SRX..... frontend width and height......

I baught a Mountain Performance Long Travel frontend kit including 17" KYB Shocks, Upper and Lower Radius Rods, and Steering tierods..... much to my surprise when compared to my factory rods, the long travel MP kit was exactly the same length as my factory set-up!!! The 17" shocks brought my frontend up to the correct ride height I couldn't seem to achieve last year with SRX shocks!!! (woooo hooooo no more snow plow in powder!!!)

I know the Rear suspension has a significant bit more travel as well, as far as I can tell from the tech pages about 4"-5"...... I currently have all viper rear shocks......

My question is about the rear, I got really lucky with the front!!! I would rather not play the trial and error game with the rear aswell!!!

Will SRX Adjustable Transfer Rods fit my sled??? Or do I need different ones???

What ATR's will fit my sled???

As always thank you guys for looking and any help you can offer!!!

Storms

The XT on your sled stands for extended travel.This will be the same as a Viper front and rear. You will need adjustable transfer rods from a Viper or '00+ SXR

stein700sx said:
The XT on your sled stands for extended travel.This will be the same as a Viper front and rear. You will need adjustable transfer rods from a Viper or '00+ SXR

Thats what I was thinking!!!

Thanks Stein!!!!

.............anyone to confirm, maybe a XTC owner!!!!

I always thought all transfer rods were the same length, just the short travel sleds used a larger spacer on the bottom. I could be wrong though.

musselman said:
I always thought all transfer rods were the same length, just the short travel sleds used a larger spacer on the bottom. I could be wrong though.

The adjustables are different though... Stock yamaha's are the same except for the spacers.

see this is why I am confused!!!

on benders site the only offer 1 Yammy adjustable TR.....

most of the time this means the company just doesn't make anything for the little twins!!!!

So..... can I make any Bender ATR work on my long travel proaction skid????

RXMax said:
The adjustables are different though... Stock yamaha's are the same except for the spacers.

wrong,

there are three different transfer rod uppers. one lower. the uppers from a viper/rx1 are the same and are adjustable. 2000 and up srx are the short version, and all others are the same length as the viper/rx1 but are not adjustable.

what you want is the viper/rx1 adjustables though once your sled is setup correctly, there is no need to adjust them. Its more of a gimick. If your a parts tester like I have been in the past, chaning out shocks, springs etc. it can come in handy but if your setting your sled up with one set of shocks and springs and wont be riding double. stock rods work fine.

Please, before you go and spend money on parts, post your fit questions on the site, it might save you some money and or time.

Back