Any Tire Experts Out There????

YamiSmurf

Greetings, My girlfriend is in need of new tires for her SUV. The truck is an 05 Ford Escape 4x4 with 85000 miles. She plans to keep her truck for awhile. Two more payments and it's hers. She needs a tire that works well in snow, but is also on the quiet side. I've looked into tires, but stand before you confused with all the options. With a company vehicle for 12 years, I haven't purchased tires in more than 15 years and am clueless. Thanks for your help.

Oh...price wise???? Best bang for the buck.

Thanks again
John

i put general grabber at2's on my blazer. work amazing in all conditions. comparable to bf goodrich all terrains, but about 2/3 the price.

For your part of the country, I'd go with Yokohama AT/S or General Grabber AT2. Either one will give you your moneys worth. My Suzi XL-7 currently has the Yokos on it and they will get you @ in DEEP snow very well. Have had the Generals on another vehicle and were happy with them as well. The Suzi needed a higher load rating and didn't have a huge selection from the "truck based" tire line. Was happy I put the Yokos on. Either one would be an excellent choice.

Last edited:
i have an uncle who swears by the daton timberline tires and he is a logger in the bush. i liked the goodyear wrangler ht (silent armour now). really good in snow and rain.

Im a technician at a ford dealer, and usually what works good on the escapes is the firestone destination or the uniroyal laredo cross country. The contitracs that were oem are garbage, but there is an updated one now that is much better.

Last edited:
Goodyear Wranglers on my truck for 2 years now. Good in snow and wearing quite well. Truck came with Bridgestone duallers? they were ok too.

Maim said:
i have an uncle who swears by the daton timberline tires and he is a logger in the bush. i liked the goodyear wrangler ht (silent armour now). really good in snow and rain.

Should have mentioned.....Goodyear silent armors are also fantastic. Probably one of the best I've had. But You'll need some serious overtime to pay for them.

fourbarrel said:
X2.I really like Michelins,quiet on the road and wear for ever but tend to be a bit pricey at least around here.

X3 - also liked the BFG A/T-TA but was a bit surprised at the low load rating.

Probably not a big deal for an Escape.

ive got uniroyal liberators on my truck. they of course are no good on ice but in the snow they work great. they wear great to if your alignment is spot on and they are rotated regularly.

Goodyear fortera triple trees would me perfect for that escape. They were some of the best I've had for all around.

joe.snow said:
Goodyear fortera triple trees would me perfect for that escape. They were some of the best I've had for all around.

I had Triple Treds on a Eagle Summit wagon. Worked extremely well but were absolutely shot at 20,000 miles. Was able to work with Goodyear and recouped approx 75% of the original cost of the tires.

Back