Minnesota trip

alswagg

VIP Member
We are planning on another trip from the Detroit Lakes area in Minnesota. Our plan is to Drive from Indiana to Detroit lakes area on Dec 18th. We will ride in the Northwest corner of the state, and make our way East as snow permits. Our plan is the ride in Minnesota, Wisconsin, UP Michigan and end in the Cadilac area of lower Michigan. I hope to put on over 2k on the sleds in 3 weeks. Anyone in the Detroit Lakes area on the board? Al

December 18th could be to early. Keep an eye on the weather, hopefully we will have early snow and cold to freeze the lakes.

If the conditions are good I could make a treck to the homeland for some riding!

What a great trip!

We will be praying on the snow here in Minnesota for you! I can only hope we will have rideable snow by Thanksgiving. It's been close to freezing every night recently.

It's forecasted for 50's every day for the next week and 30's at night. That won't keep snow on the ground if it did fall. We all know that can change overnight as well here.

My boats are going to bed and the sleds are out. It's just wait and see time now.

Good luck on your trip! Be sure to stop at Billies in Vergas while here!

Billies, We have been there. A couple years ago we ran from Comerant, to Vergas, to a state park which was south of Vergas, into Pelican Rapids and then back to Comerant. Fun run, alot of miles. In the State park we rode for hrs, Excellent groomed trails in the park. I am not comfortable running the lakes so we try to avoid and travel around as much as possible. Al

Back