Ebay and their listing protocols

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
Has any one else found is discouraging to search for oh say clutch parts and find that there's like 800 hits in that category?And when you start searching through there are things like suspension parts and I've even seen exhaust stuff in there,it is really pi$$ing me off to have to wade through so many pages of garbage to get to what I'm looking for.Of course I'm nosy enough that I usually have to look at all the pages too because I don't want to miss something good ;)! but it would certainly help if the people categorizing their parts did it properly.

YES! I was just complaining about that to friend of mine. Really torks my nut, to have to look through a bunch of unrelated crap to find the 15 or so actual parts that should be in that category!!!

fourbarrel said:
Has any one else found is discouraging to search for oh say clutch parts and find that there's like 800 hits in that category?And when you start searching through there are things like suspension parts and I've even seen exhaust stuff in there,it is really pi$$ing me off to have to wade through so many pages of garbage to get to what I'm looking for.Of course I'm nosy enough that I usually have to look at all the pages too because I don't want to miss something good ;)! but it would certainly help if the people categorizing their parts did it properly.

Complain if you want but you will get your best deals on things that are miscatagorised. There are many tools on ebay to fine tune your search to only deal with what you want to see. These tools can drop hits to the point of non exsistance if you want to go that far or open them up to infinity. Your choice. Not to knock but craigs list has nothing in comparison.

opsled

searching

Say your searching yamaha parts, then you search clutch, then you can do an additional search with the work clutch and that will refine it down alot more. This will eliminate anything without the word clutch in it.

It seems to me that it has only been within the past year that the categories have produced so many hits when searching,I don't remember there being so many items coming up in one particular search before,and yes a lot of times I do find good buys on stuff improperly categorized.

Back