Buying OE parts on line

Yamahasrx700

I love it. You look at all these on line OE parts businesses and the prices look good. IE- 40% off list. Then you get to the "Check out" and they cram it right up your A$$ with the shipping. It would end up cheeper to go to your local dealer and at least look at the guy in the eye before he screws you.

I use highlandsyamaha.com I've always thought that their shipping was reasonable. Remember you can't expect them to lose money on the shipping and it does cost them something to pack the thing up and get it ready to go.

Port Yamaha is great to deal with and I know they were less expensive bottom line(parts and shipping) then my local dealler.
But its always good to build a good repore with your local dealler.

Sno-Xr said:
Port Yamaha is great to deal with and I know they were less expensive bottom line(parts and shipping) then my local dealler.
But its always good to build a good repore with your local dealler.

You're right. Kevin at Port Yamaha is great to deal with. Here's what I do... if it's one or maybe two parts I need and total is less than $75 I'll go to my local dealer. But any thing more than that I buy it from Port Yamaha, online or I call them if I have question about what I'm buying.

I dont know how bad they rape ppl for shipping but I can pick up at my local dealer through cyclepartsnation try them, if their shipping is rediculous let me know I can try to get a deal!!!

thstorms said:
I dont know how bad they rape ppl for shipping but I can pick up at my local dealer through cyclepartsnation try them, if their shipping is rediculous let me know I can try to get a deal!!!

I order a ton of stuff from them, great prices but the shipping is a bit steep. Try to wait for big order. I will keep this in mind thstorms, thanks. CCC

I got a little deal for us guys!!!

if you order through cyclepartsnation and use the coupon code "octoberfest" you can save $10 on orders over $150..... every little bit helps!!! thought that would be a heck of a shipping discount, considering its already 40% off list!!!

hope it saves some ppl a couple bucks!!!

Storms

Back