1995 V Max 600....... worth buying?

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
This sled is for sale locally here and I just happen to be looking at buying a 600 cc sled for my son so he can get used to riding one alone.The seller has pics of it and it looks to be in decent enough shape,it has elec start and reverse and it's a long track too.The only real glitch is the mileage listed at 12500(20000kms) which can be seen from the pics but I know literally nothing about this generation V Max chassis so can someone fill me in on this sled please?The seller is only across town from where I live so it's not a big deal to go see it which I plan to do in the next few days but I'd like some heads up advice on it first.Is there things I should be looking at that all these sleds had issues with?Exhaust breaks or skid weaknesses?TSS is also foreign to me so what should I look for here?I can tell by the pics that plastic skis will be one of the first purchases needed.

I have access to a snap on compression tester which I'll be taking with me to use and I'll also be looking at the usual stuff like track condition clutches and checking for cracked body work etc.

http://saintjohn.kijiji.ca/c-cars-v...iles-1995-Yamaha-V-Max-600-W0QQAdIdZ232981434

OK,well this is in Canada, so that price is in the range of reasonable. Personally, even for Canada, I think its a touch high. I sold my '98 Vmax 600 with 20,000KM on it last year for $1600 and it was great condition, so you know, at $1400 for a '95..... that machine would have to be near mint. I would offer like 1200 cash and see what happens if that machine is very good condition.

the hood doesnt look to be closing right. i would check the front end for damage. Price isnt bad, not a steal by any means but Im sure he would take less. You're very close to Maine, have you looked there? I recently bought a decent 98 srx 700 for 1300 bucks out of Maine. I think I got a real good deal.

Back