04 SX Viper S - Keep it stock or ? (need help)

xsivhp

OK, bought a 04 SX viper S last spring - love the sled, but as we all know, it's a little light on the HP and has some inside ski lift - still, it is the funnest sled I've owned in a long time!

So, my question is: What mods (Short of triple pipes) pay off with the vipers? Are the V-force reeds worth the coin? I'd like to keep it quiet, as noise issues are heating up here in WI.

Does anyone know if the ski lift can be fixed just setting up the chassis?

Thank alot!

TY is a great site!

Mike

I would keep it stock. You said it yourself "it's the funnest sled I've owned in a long time". Other than jetting and suspension set-up I've never changed anything including clutching. As far as lifting a ski you could try reducing limited strap length, increase preload on front shocks or decrease preload on center shock or if all those fail you could slow down for the corners! Just kidding what fun would that be.

Yeah, that's kinda what I figured - if I could get rid of the ski lift I'd be pretty happy - I'm going to tweak the suspension if we ever get any snow here. Do you know if the 1-1/4 track works well with 6" Woody's carbides? I had the 4" on there last year and it didn't seem like enough ....

Thanks for the input.

xsivhp

:yam:

The 1.25 track can be made to work with 4 or 6 inches of carbide, it will just come down to setting-up either combination for your tastes. The lug height has much less effect when you're running down a groomed trail that a long track conversion would. The fact that you want more carbide confirms the fact that you need more ski pressure, which all the adjustments I mentioned will give you. Just remember it's all a compromise and you may get a sled that darts around on you. Best advice is to record your starting point settings, change 1 thing at a time and test the results until you get the balance you want.

Back