Sled trip Proposed itinerary

alswagg

VIP Member
Fist of all we live in Syracuse IN. IE no good snow or trails. This is our proposed itinerary for our trip this winter over the holidays.

12/18/10-12/27/10 Travel to Detroit Lakes Minnesota, Stay with the inlaws and snowmobile local trails, Estimated milage 750 miles
12/28/10-1/2/11 travel to Hancock MI Ride from Hancock up to Copper harbor, down to Ontonagon and local trailes Estimated milage Estimated milage 750
1/3/11-1/6/11 Travel to Baldwin MI, ride local trails Ride loop both directions to Reed city, Cadilac, Mesick, Wellston, Manitee, Bass lake and back to Baldwin, Estimated milage 500
1/7/11 Travel back home to Syracuse IN
Estimated Travel milage in Suburban 3,000 miles
Estimated Vacation cost $3,500
3 sleds, one Suburban Priceless lol
Estimated sled milage should be around 2,000 Any suggestions as to hotels or Motels in Hancock? I have not been to the pennisula for many years. Thanks Al

Theres a nice Ramada in Hancock right on the trail in the middle of town, you may want to make reservations early as it can fill up fast.Other than that I'm not sure right in Hancock as its fairly populated with lots of blacktop and sidewalks plus being built on the side of a hill the way it is, but you also have easy access to a gas station there so your pretty well set.Some of the other sledder hotspots are outside of town quite a ways north or south.

Last edited:
hey al look into cloud 9 resort ...nice big rooms access to premium fuel a block away ..hot tub ,and internet and same price as down the road were u stayed last year ...i was there but blew up the sled first night and went home so never got to meet up with you ....

I know where cloud 9 is. We will try it out. Where we stayed last year was a little cold, The toilet actually had Ice in the bowl. Not heat in the bathroom lol. Yamahead are you able to ride in Michigan this year? Going to be a banner year I believe. Al

Back