Looks like winter may be cancelled

bluemonster1

LIFE MEMBER ONLY ONCE!!!
El nina has changed and only further North it will be colder.Seems in the South more warmer,so they will be little precip in the form on Snow yet.This is for us and a lot of you guys South of the border..can you believe this.I can see a lot more dealerships getting out of the sled business.I know my dealership doesn't carry many sleds anymore come this season,they learned in mild years they ended up with sleds sitting around.My stepson Scott knows the owner of one dealership that may be closing their doors and told me that they still have a few Apex GT's from 06 in the crates yet.And that we may be able to pick them up for cost..with full warranty.....WOW like for around $6000.....

Don't read so much.

Last year was supposed to be a white out. Worst winter on record.

What happens happens.

Zachalyse said:
Don't read so much.

Last year was supposed to be a white out. Worst winter on record.

What happens happens.

Agreed, I wont even watch the weather channel anymore, spent too many days looking at the sky during hay season this year wondering where the rain that the weatherman forecasted was...

I have been sledding since 1978. Over those 32 years I have learned to never listen to weather predictions. Just be ready to ride when the conditions are right and be ready to trailer to where the snow conditions are good. All through the late 70's and 80's we had decent trails and conditions within a 2 hour ride from home. I have since "graduated" to much better trails and snow conditions by trailering 7 hours to northern NH and ME. Just wait and see what happens and be optimistic. If you are a pessimist, you might as well get out of this sport.

won't get out of the sport but can adapt to some grass drags and the such.Wanna look for a couple of older yami's and set them up for grass drags.I have lots of property here,so can make a strip for drags and some hills for backflips and the such...

rx1jim said:
I have been sledding since 1978. Over those 32 years I have learned to never listen to weather predictions. Just be ready to ride when the conditions are right and be ready to trailer to where the snow conditions are good. All through the late 70's and 80's we had decent trails and conditions within a 2 hour ride from home. I have since "graduated" to much better trails and snow conditions by trailering 7 hours to northern NH and ME. Just wait and see what happens and be optimistic. If you are a pessimist, you might as well get out of this sport.

X2 :letitsnow

I am not sure why any dealer would even talk about giving up at the beginning of a season. Every year I have a competitor who talks about having to close up the doors if he doesn't get more business. After a while everyone gets tired of hearing the blues. Customers want to be comfortable and stable. We aquired 70 new customer with over 100 new units. The season is going to be great. Didn't you see the willy worms, or the excessive dry summer, that always means a white winter. lol How about the way the raccoons and squirals are aquiring extra food for the long winter season. If someone is in the winter sports business, you never talk of a dry year unless you want to go out of business. Remember when some one asks you "How's it going" Reply "Damn Good" Let it snow Al

Have you guys seen the massive amount of acorns this year. Long & cold, with plenty of burn downs, that's my prediction.

Remember after the first hard freeze come Indian summer for 1 week. and then Cold brrrrrrrrrrrrr. Forcast for next week freezing conditions every night. Al

bluemonster1 said:
won't get out of the sport but can adapt to some grass drags and the such.Wanna look for a couple of older yami's and set them up for grass drags.I have lots of property here,so can make a strip for drags and some hills for backflips and the such...

I'll be there to help out with grass drag course need a place to rip also if the snow doesn't show ;)! :letitsnow

Don't worry its coming and alot of it ;)!

rx1jim said:
Very well said there Jim!

it is like Spring here again..nuts...15 C last few days,cooler by Wed.. but no real snow predicted for the next 14 days.Clody periods..the odd rain showers,sunny and colder but no SNOW!!! WHAT THE #$%&* :o| Got 4 sleds in the garage all ready to hit the white stuff..ahhhhhh!!

Back