Looks like winter may be cancelled

ANDY>>A little wet snow anin't gonna stay and the next day after is Sunny again and the odd flurries a week later..WOW!!! that will do..not.No real snow is coming till late in Dec if we are lucky..remember last year..it sucked.

rx1jim said:
I have been sledding since 1978. Over those 32 years I have learned to never listen to weather predictions. Just be ready to ride when the conditions are right and be ready to trailer to where the snow conditions are good. All through the late 70's and 80's we had decent trails and conditions within a 2 hour ride from home. I have since "graduated" to much better trails and snow conditions by trailering 7 hours to northern NH and ME. Just wait and see what happens and be optimistic. If you are a pessimist, you might as well get out of this sport.

So, true good post !

Here Blue this is for our area Camperville Mb for the next 15 days and this weather center is pretty close to predicting weather

I'm loving the fact that I have warm weather to work on my sled this year!!!! LMFAO

Dont get me wrong, I cant wait for snow....... but replacing a track and rebuilding the entire skid is taking me longer than my motor and clutches did last year!!!!!

Snow timing will be perfect....... and PLENTIFULL!!!!!

"If you build it..... they will come" (and of course they are losts of little white snow flakes)

Given the sledding season is so short, my son and I have been getting involved in other preseason events such as vintage sled shows and grass drags. We go to at least 2 events per month since August. We've met a lot of really nice people and have been having fun. We have attended a few snowmobile shows as well. Today we went to a small local sled show in Oak Hill NY. There were only a few Yamaha sleds but it was still fun. Any time I get to spend with my son doing things we both love to do is terrific.

well it looks like my prayers have been answered.Snow starting next week.Looks like enoiugh to do some riding by the weekend.A liitle ditch riding and the back fields.Got to break in the motors anyways,so can't go wild.Perfect time for it and be ready for the heavy stuff when it shows up... :o| :letitsnow

We don't even concider riding in Nov. Let alone early Dec. Heck I will be in Florida until the 15th of Dec. We like to take a warm vacation just after thanksgiving. We will be traveling for our cold vacation on the 18th of Dec to Minnesota. Keep up the snow dance for them. Al

I have 3 sleds all with newly re-built motors.You bet I am going to ride them in a few cm's of snow.Nothing wild,but just to break in the motor's.Hell with a vacation,never take them anyways..when snow hits here,got to jump on it ..because before you know it spring is around the corner.I have a HotTub outside,that is my vacation spot.

bluemonster1 said:
I have 3 sleds all with newly re-built motors.You bet I am going to ride them in a few cm's of snow.Nothing wild,but just to break in the motor's.Hell with a vacation,never take them anyways..when snow hits here,got to jump on it ..because before you know it spring is around the corner.I have a HotTub outside,that is my vacation spot.

Once again the weather network changed the 14 day outlook, couple days ago it was showing temps in the + for the next week and now there showing slightly below seasonal w flurries lol :letitsnow :letitsnow

Back