Welding wear rods

A couple of bucks

VIP Member
I have a set of wear bars in new condition that have cracked behind the front mounting stud. Has enyone welded these with any luck. Mabey someone can tell me what brand that they are.......there are 3 lengths (mabey @ 5 or 6 inches)of carbide beside each other, one at 5,6 and 7 o'clock.

The stud and and rod are broken.....still ok. I figure that if I grind out around the rod where the break is, then weld it, it should be stronger. Did you heat them up to non magnetic before putting the stick to them ?
Are the Bergstrom Tripples a good rod.

Last edited:
They sound like they are Bergstrom's I would call Scott @ Bergstrom's and maybe he will fix them for you or replace them. 815 654-2950 He is in Loves park on power road.

teamblue4 said:
They sound like they are Bergstrom's I would call Scott @ Bergstrom's and maybe he will fix them for you or replace them. 815 654-2950 He is in Loves park on power road.

I looked on Bergstroms web page and .....yep....they are triple points. I'll give him a call and see what he can do. Had them for just over 1 season and there not worn at all.

Back