winter came in like a LION

bluemonster1

LIFE MEMBER ONLY ONCE!!!
well it's finally come.We got around 10 cm's yesterday.Wish it was more.But the winds are whipping it all around now.Drifting everywhere,will try and see if I can hit the ditches in the pm with the 600.A couple of pics for those of you with no snow yet...lol

Attachments

• PB180005.JPG
    PB180005.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 5
  • PB180006.JPG
    PB180006.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 3

Don't think we have had this much so early for many years..could be a great winter snow wise..only drawback for us here is that a spring flood will be coming and apparently they forcast worst then the Flood of 1997 which was the worst for us.With the prediction of a lot od snow south of us in the US and swollen river and Lake levels and the fact the ground is saturated before freeze up..one can only imagine the worst to come..got to find me a small boat yet just in case.It ain't going to be pretty,since the water in 97 was 9 feet deep in my yard...now they say it may even be more this time around... :o|

Is it the red that floods?Drains to the south i would think?Hudson bay is still open does it start up there?

If you don't quit braggin about all your goddamned snow i'm gonna ride my SRX up to Manitoba skippin on the Great Lakes and steal it from ya.

Bluemonster2 said:
It think it flows north actually.

That is correct, floods people in Fargo and Grand Forks, ND like it has the last 2 years and then heads North.

Interesting i heard the hudsons bay is still open and the big old polar bears are going to be hurting for hunting them there seals!!!

sxlover..keep me posted thruout the season on the amount of snow you guys are getting.Did you have a wet fall as we did and soil is saturated,water table is really high here..so that will not help.

No ice on the bay what does that tell you!!!GW O and we had snow here last night looks the same as yours!!Nice and white!!

Last edited:
Can't believe it,been snowingsince midnight and already another 4 " on top of the other 4"..It is still coming down good... ;)! Going to be one good riding season for a change,nice and early compared to last season.With the cold temps coming next week,rive will be freezing good.Can't wait to get the SRX out and pin it. ;)! :letitsnow :letitsnow

could of been riding today,but just finished snowblowing the yard.Seen a couple of Doo's whip on by on the other side of the HWY.The ditches there I know are full.Will have to try that side first.But don't want to stray to far from my place yet until I finish breaking in the 600 in case somethings goes wrong with it.I'll wait for at least another blast or 2 of snow that is supposed to show up

how can you wait??? what is wrong with you, i've taken my sled out twice this week and snow is not even close. im dying here!! :) lucky lucky lucky

got lots of time here.Not feeling that good today..so taking it easy.The weather is supposed to getting really cold next week also.so that could be a factor as I don't like riding in temps were the windchill is in the -30 range.I'll pick the right time.I have 2 motors to break in,so not going screw around with them..want ideal conditions to do so.Probably the SRX won't even be out till xmas time when there is a good base and waterways are frozen.

OK, according to Mapquest the Howden Community Center is 1669 miles away from me (28 hour trip). A bit too far for me to drive until I get a bit more desperate.

If you get tired of too much snow, please ship some to zipcode 12570.

well I can see that Community Center out my back window here.It used to be where my first years of schooling took place.Ever since the great flood of 97 the school was torn down.A community center was built after the big flood for all residents of the area. 28 hours ain't bad is it... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hey Blue, wait a couple a week or so, my son (8) was driving his Bravo around the back field lots of snow but it is all fluff, just blows away. No need to damage anything yet.

true..a lot of fluff there.A lot of banging would be going on.If I go across the HWY,the road there heading West has complete filled in ditches level to road from the snow off the farmers fields.It is a mile long stretch and a good place to start.

holly crap its still 50 here about another month or so we might get a inch then its grass drags in my yard lol

Back