has anyone tried dynoing a sx witha viper pipe

sxrsist

VIP Member
going to try dynoing a bender ported sxr with a viper pipe and slp can on it, the stck viper can wont clear the hood but the pipe fits on the flange just fine and will sit in the chassis fine with trthe slp, has anyone tryed this

big power

yes i have done it with a stk viper pipe and viper stk can. From what one guy told me who races with pat hauck he says its like a 15hp gain. kind of feels that way............ you have to definatly go with fatter jets though.

I'm in the process of fitting a viper pipe to a 700 v-max.
I'm doing it because I can't stand the resonance of the stock pipe and silencer at slower cruising speeds below 7000 rpm.
Added hp will be a bonus.
The pipe itself, DOES hook up easily and I will get the hood closed with a few mods...the stock Viper silencer slips in, but needs about 3 " more clearance for the hood to latch,.
This sled has electricstart also....I might have to go with an aftermarket can.

i hsave a slp can and it ffites in very nice, the pipe is a littlke close by the hood screen but will work, i will post what i see on the dyno

this is what i heard also, our dybno always reads 10 hp than what any aftermarket claims to be, psi triple pipes on mm 700 with psi porting, 137 hp at 9200 and that was pretty much the same reading with my bender ported and piped sxr, tghe hauck pipes with the bender porting made a little more though,not going to test a stocker right away, i will be testing bender ported with stock pipe, then with mod can stcock silencer then with bender can and then with viper goodys

The pipes fit, but only 15 hp gain is minimal compared to 25-27 gained by using the right pipes for the sled, and the silencers fit without modifying anything...Why would you do this unless the pipes are free?

so you gained 15hp with the stock single viper pipe vs the stock single sxr pipe?

What kind of getting did you have to change and how was the sound diff?

We have a viper pipe sitting around and stock piped MM600..

I would like to know for sure that putting a viper pipe on my SXR will give me 15hp. I have reed spacers, thin head gasket, clutching, soon to install a new camoplast track. Is there jetting changes or can I bolt this on to my Bender can.

will be dynoing soon,why wouldnt you rather run a single thats ussually runs better than triples,

I find it also a little hard to believe but interesting. If you just think about the tuning:a power valved equipped engine with a pipe designed for it on a non-power valved engine. Maybe it does make 15 hp more but where at and what does the rest of the hp curve look like??

you have to run the aftermarket can to get it to fit, i agree with neil, where is the loss of power going to be, i think matbe bottom might be less,who know maybe it wont work at all,i think il be getting it dynoed today so i will let you guys know,

Back