has anyone tried dynoing a sx witha viper pipe

well guys, not realy impressive,tested the psi ported motor with the psi pipes,made 140 hp,then went to stock pipe and can, made 110hp,70 pounds of torque then went tobender can on stock pipe,made 109 go figure, both of thes numbers were aroun 8200 right up to 9200, then we tried the viper pipe with a slp can it made consistan 112 and a bit mopre torque, around 73-74 foot pounds. but it made its power at 8000 to 8500, more playing can be done yet, keep in mind the motor was getting very warm by the time we tried the viper pipe, not sure how to get the claimed 15 hp out of that,maybe changing to a viper y pipe but alot of work to do that, plus the viper y is 1 inch longer and i dont think the piope would fit then

If someone wants to donate there dyno time, in the SE WI. area, I will be happy to bring in my Viper piped v-max.
Mine runs into the stock v-max silencer w/the 2" holesaw mod.
Seat of the pants dyno tells me 10 hp gain because of how well it runs against my 02 Viper.JMO:)

snoway, can you post some pictures of the Viper pipe on your sled. What did you have to do to get the stock Vmax can to work with the viper pipe? Sxrist and I checked to see how it would fit and it seems that the inlet to the stock can fits right inside the viper pipe. Did you use the flang from the viper can on the Vmax?

Thanks,

eXTaCy

so what is the conlcusion so far...does it fit right in and is it worth it.
Are there any other testing this. My stock pipe is kind of in ugly shape and am looking at getting a new one. Should I go stock or go Viper pipe??

we just did this mod to my friends sx 700,we cut the flange off the stock viper can and welded it to the sx stock can with the silencer mod.Every thing fits great and he claims seat of the pants feel is very good.He says the sled never ran this good.take it for what its worth,have no way to dyno it here but for minimal work I made it fit for him rather easy.we happened to have the stock viper stuff here from another friends sled that installed tripple pipes.-Harvey

Back