CDN Skid Bushings

stein700sx

VIP Member
Is there anhy one in Canada that sells trailing arm rear suspension bushing kits other than the dealers? I dont mind shopping accross the line but if I can source them on this side I'm hoping to save a few bucks and time.

nothin I can find here.Ordered all mine across the line.I have a lot of spares..but you can't have them..lol.It seems like the only ones that wear fast are the w-arm ones,but if you wrap them with a thin layer of tin..they last a long time.

Two years ago I made a complete set of bushings for the rear suspension of my RX-1 using a metal bushing material: Oil-lite also known as SAE 841 bronze bushing material. Last year I made a set for my 2000 SRX. I machined them with close enough clearances to allow them to fit yet eliminate the slop exhibited by the plastic bushings. The year I am replacing the pastic bushings in the front suspension with parts that I will make using the same material. No more plastic bushings. There are several different bushing sizes and shapes si it takes a couple of days machining them on a part-time basis to complete a set. If I get faster at machining them or get the time to program my CNC lathe, I will offer complete sets for sale to TY members.

Hello rx1jim,

I am a new member in search of some help. I have a 2001 SRX 700 that I am servicing the skid on.

I purchased the plastic bushings for the W arm in the rear skid (the ones that support the shaft where the W arm bolts to the tunnel). The problem is; they are too large in diameter. This is the second SRX I've owned where I have run into this. Eventually, after ordering several sets, they shipped me one that would fit inside the tube (Factory Yamaha parts). Disappointing, because we finally have snow and I can't ride. Do you still make those bushings? I would be interested in purchasing some, assuming they will fit my sled. Alternatively, if others have run into this issue, am I ordering the wrong PN? I think I could use the bushing for the top of the center shock mount too. Appreciate any insight/help.

Back