Hemet cams

Sxr700Bandit

Triple Piped 700 Triple
Who uses them, and what one do you use, and what are the features that you like or dislike?..... I am in the market for one and looking for a decent cam that wont break the bank and one that turns out nice quality video and pictures. Thinking about a Vholdr Contour HD. Tia for the input guys.

If you have the cash, spring for the V.I.O. POV HD. V.I.O. Super easy to set up and use. You can edit and watch footage on the fly unlike the contours or go-pro's, which you have to upload to your computer first to see what you got. The V.I.O. also comes with a remote that you can mount on your wrist or handle bar, i.e. start/stop recording without start/stopping your sled.

The GoPro HD is not bad for the price. Good video quality, tough as nails camera that can be mounted a million ways to sunday since its a self contained unit (no wires or cords).

Go Pro

Hope this helps.

GoPro wide angle here also. Not high quality, but not bad either. The only thing I dislike about it is having to check that it is filming by either someone looking to see if the little icon is flashing or taking my helmet off, pressing the button and then putting my helmet back on. Here's a link for a video I took:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTgbJwCME9w

The only other comment I have about this cam is that battery life is less than stellar. I had to buy a bunch of rechargeable AAA's so I didn't spend $10 everytime I went riding on regular batty's. Lithium's were a little better than normal alkaline's, but not much.

Last edited:
YooperMike said:
GoPro wide angle here also. Not high quality, but not bad either. The only thing I dislike about it is having to check that it is filming by either someone looking to see if the little icon is flashing or taking my helmet off, pressing the button and then putting my helmet back on. Here's a link for a video I took:

same here, i forgot about that, its not a big deal, but it is an annoyance

YooperMike said:
The only other comment I have about this cam is that battery life is less than stellar. I had to buy a bunch of rechargeable AAA's so I didn't spend $10 everytime I went riding on regular batty's. Lithium's were a little better than normal alkaline's, but not much.

i just used a good set of AAA's and recharged with the little charger that fits in your pocket, works great at bars when you stop for lunch.

the new gopro HD is the way to go as far as batteries. It comes with a rechargable battery. car charger I believe, and an internal battery heater. Retail is 299. my shop sells them for 249. so you should be able to find a deal.

I've used the GoPro and the Contour HD

I've used the GoPro and the Contour HD 1080
and Im going to have to say I like the Contour Much better.
Even though the company I work for is sponsored by GoPro.

I have tested both Sledding, Snowboarding, dirtbiking, downhill biking in Whistler and off roading

Contour has my vote,
has anyone else tested both camera's?

Back