Gonna try a little riding before.....

bluemonster1

LIFE MEMBER ONLY ONCE!!!
before the storm comes through.I have major pulled ligaments in my back and it is sore,but wanna try a little riding before the heavy snow comes in.I have engine breaking in to do.
Here is our forcast: ;)!

Alerts: Winnipeg, Manitoba
All Alerts In Effect
Snowfall WarningSnowfall WarningIssued at 8:20 AM CST Wednesday 24 November 2010

Summary
10 to 20 cm of snow today and tonight.

Details
A low pressure system is tracking through the Northern United States this morning. This storm brought snow to Southern Manitoba overnight which will continue throughout the day today. The snow will slowly taper off from west to east tonight and Thursday. A total of 10 to 20 cm of snow is forecast with this storm. The most snow will fall roughly along the transcanada highway. Locations just to the west of the Manitoba lakes, as well as areas with higher terrain, will see the larger amounts.

well I went for a ride.Found some ditches that were filled in with snow.One of them had a lot of drifted mounds and almost went over the handlebars a few times..a little rough and now my lower back area and leg are killing me. :o| Found other spots a mile long with snow up to 3 feet deep and continued the break in on the 600.Got 50 km's in today so far and the motor is purring.Guess I did the rebuild properly.. ;)! Clutching seems to be dead on/I am only taking the sled to to around 80 kph and the odd 90 kph ,down to 60 and up to 70 and so on.On some of the short pulls rpm's are in the 8400-8500 zone..so that is great.Got all new stock clutch weights and rollers installed this season as well as the belt is slightly used from last season.The clutches are running totally cool to the touch.No oil or ant-freeze leaks to be found.I am happy and will continue the break in with up and down spurts.After I finish 1 tank of fuel,the next tank I will be going a little more on the throttle..up and down again and aim for the 100 kph zone occasionally.I will check the compression and see where she is later on.

Oh man,I just stood up off my chair here and the pain.....oh well.

Man the snow is coming down good.Went out to start the 600 so I can bring it into the garage.Went around the yard a few times,couldn't keep my eyes open because the snow is just hitting me to hard...great stuff.
Well got her in and checked compression after 50 kms of riding.
This is what I got:

Mag---135
Center--138
PTO---134.
Never had numbers like that before.Was usually in the 125 range..good to see.The plugs are burning a nice cardboard brown and piston wash looks good also on all three..My first re-build turns out to be great.If I can do it,anyone can do it with the right tools and patience and of course a good srvice manual and specs...... ;)!

Now if the SRX turns out the same way..then I give myself an A+...lol

bluemonster1 said:
Man the snow is coming down good.Went out to start the 600 so I can bring it into the garage.Went around the yard a few times,couldn't keep my eyes open because the snow is just hitting me to hard...great stuff.
Well got her in and checked compression after 50 kms of riding.
This is what I got:

Mag---135
Center--138
PTO---134.
Never had numbers like that before.Was usually in the 125 range..good to see.The plugs are burning a nice cardboard brown and piston wash looks good also on all three..My first re-build turns out to be great.If I can do it,anyone can do it with the right tools and patience and of course a good srvice manual and specs...... ;)!

Now if the SRX turns out the same way..then I give myself an A+...lol

Glad its running good for you Doug!!!! All that hard work payed off , give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done!! Compression numbers are great too, its good that your not putting it around or keeping it at one rpm for too long sounds like she will be ready to rip soon!! :2strokes:

You will probably see 140+ psi when ur done that tank considering you only used one layer for your gasket, otherwise 130-135 is probably all you would see.

yep good numbers for sure.I just went out and checked the snow on the driveway..another 3 inches since 1 pm.Lots more coming.The only thing that was bugging me is that I see some oil dripping down under the header pipe.I thought it might be the cylinder gasket leaking.As I looked closer I noticed the header gasket didn't look right.On one cylinder the gasket was sitting up to hi.I checked your XTC and the gasket doesn't do that.Then I noticed the tab on the xtc is up and on the clutch side.Mine was down and on the mag side.So the gasket is installed improperly and not sealing.Took her apart and that was it.The gasket was actually restricking exhaust a little and not sealed center to each header flange.Live and learn,checked it on my CD manual for these sleds and sure enough it shows tab facing tab up clutch side... :o| Gonna be a lot of snow to ride in on the weekend... ;)!

just finished snowblowing the yard..still coming down steady.Scott ..are you and your bud coming down Friday evening? You both can sleep over and we can get early start riding Saturday.You mom is going away for a couple of days and the place is ours... ;)!

bluemonster1 said:
just finished snowblowing the yard..still coming down steady.Scott ..are you and your bud coming down Friday evening? You both can sleep over and we can get early start riding Saturday.You mom is going away for a couple of days and the place is ours... ;)!

Sure Doug we will both be down Friday if he gets his sled back, the guy told him Thursday for sure so hopfully everything works out. I will be down either way!!! :letitsnow :letitsnow :letitsnow

It was a great ride last night and all day today.Lots of snow and drift busting.Scott got his xtc really stuck good today.LOL..he is learning.And the XTC got rear ended by a Doo today also..lol.His rear exchanger is pushed in pretty good also and the tunnel bent on both sides where echanger mounts..Couldn't believe this happened...

What can I say @$%t happens lol Kinda pissed me off but I know Jordan felt bad. Glad shes running good and I was actually not expecting it to be so snappy, Jordan says he can tell his mxz has no chance of keeping up after driving the xtc ;)! lol lol I think the cluching needs to be fine tuned, but we never really the best conditions for tuning. On that one flat part of the ditch where its starting to pack down I pinned it off the line she went to 9100 then back to 8700 then around 8600 as I climbed to about 130k before I had to let off. Couple hundred rpm out of the powerband but not really ideal conditions. Cant wait for the river to freeze!!!!

fixing rear exchanger

well I looked at the damage and it is bent.Elbows are are effected.Got some clamps and decided to try and straighten everything out the best I can.Now the rear flap is not against the track anymore also.
Hope you don't mind Scott..and I'll grease your skid also since it is up on the hoist.

BEFORE PICS:

Attachments

• PB280005.JPG
    PB280005.JPG
    209.2 KB · Views: 3
  • PB280006.JPG
    PB280006.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 6
  • PB280007.JPG
    PB280007.JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 0

Back