How long do you dare!

imported_600srx

How long do you dare to hold your sled wide open?

I 've been up to six miles on my SRX with out letting up, not a burp, and she is still together, so how long is to long, :yam:

I rode wide open for over 10 miles along with a polaris. And I never let up and hit the breaks from wide open. I feather it down (feeding the cylinders gas) to avoid meltdowns. My buddy just let up and coasted to a stop were he found his sled overheated and locked up solid. That is were ive seen most sleds melt down. Really depends on the sled and how the carberation is set up. Your running little lean wont last wide open. If your running a little rich your odds are better. Just what ive seen.....good luck Brent

YAMAHA WINS :flag:

imported_600srx said:
How long do you dare to hold your sled wide open?

I 've been up to six miles on my SRX with out letting up, not a burp, and she is still together, so how long is to long, :yam:
6 miles!! last time I rode WOT for miles on end was on a 74 Chapparal :WayCool:, I had to keep up ;)!

I had my Phazer II Wide open for over 18 miles (across lake Vermilion) trying to keep up with the guys from work before I bought the SX600R. I ALWAYS burb the throttle when slowing down from a WOT run.

I think it was 14 miles whatever it is south to north on lake Gogebic, like to back it off on the way down rather than just let go.

You could be right I was under the impreshion it was about 14, only did it once got real cold then we thought maby that was not that smart ;)!

haha 50 miles on the bravo in circles....haha just kiddin guys, those bravos are tanks thouhg.. my guess would be 5-6 miles up near schodic laske on my sx

I've had my Viper to the bar for 12 miles on a rail bed in Ont. I would never do that on any lake for one reason....ICE Heaves!!! Seen it happen too many times and its never pretty. ===SRXSRULE===

19 miles on Dog Lake (WOT), then 3 mile portage (Slow), and then 15 or whatever on Manitowik Lake (WOT), several miles of trail (Very Fast), and then 5 or so on Hawk Lake (WOT), a few more miles of trail (Very Fast), and then 7 or so on Wawa Lake (WOT) - Missinabe to Wawa in well under an hour.

I had a purpose though, my wife and youngest child were stranded at Ernies with a blown up sled after dark, and Ernie had just gone out to his ice fishing camp earlier that day so they were all alone outside by the phone booth. It was April 1 and nobody was around except 1 or 2 locals.

It took almost an hour and a half to drive back with the truck and trailer.
Looking back, I don't know what I would have done if I had burnt the Viper down, especially out on the lake. Temps were warm (35F), but I still managed 119 mph on the speedo. The Tempa-Flow must have helped out. Earlier that day with colder temps, I saw 122+ on the speedo. If I had to do it over again, I would probably be a little more cautious of burndown.

That was really not what I call a fun ride, with the worrying and all.

Back