Mm Cable Help

in it deep

Looking to put 2" bar riser on a buddies 97 mtn max 600 twin, when I did this i notices that the oil cable line will not fit! Where can I get the cable to fit it??? :o|

Try re-routing the oil cable...should fit. Be carefull when installing throttle cable cus it will be fine till you turn the handlebars. Matt at the speedshop has all the cables you need.

I think it was skidooboy that told me to buy oil and throttle cables off of a 2002 mountain max, they are longer than the stock ones and reach no problem. Thats what I did and they work really good. I think they are less than $20/each.

BTW...The oil cable on my sled was the one that was way too short and was really pulling far when i turned the bars.

I have a 2" riser on my 01 sx-r and have had no problems ...other then I had to take the cables out of that ring...Maybe the 01 cables are a tad longer...

I have a 2001 MM 700 and put big risers on with no problem. I put a 4 inch riser and only had to free up the slack from the cables. Like removing from that ring and any other slack I could find. I then heat shrunk everything back together with no problems to date.

Back