How fast is the stock viper

sx600

Just got a new stock '02 viper and I'm wondering what to expect. My friend has a '02 700mxz trail.

I'm assuming these will be real close in a race - but the triple cylinder power should pull through on the top end, right?

How much faster is the viper than a vmax 600sx?

I saw a post saying the viper should do 118 or 120 on the speedo - is that accurate? That seems fast to me compared to my 600 that couldn't get up over 100.

it will go that fast on the speedo but the speedo is about 12 or 13 mph off.it will be a good race you should get him on top.i've owned both sleds.

It will probably get there on the speedo but the viper speedos are off about 13mph on top end,atleast the 2 I checked were.hope this helps-Harvey

wow - I thought I read someplace that the digital speedo on the viper was only +/- 2.5 MPH off. Oh well - still much faster than my 600sx.

Forgot to mention I put a 1 1/4" ripsaw on too. Should hook up good with that. The skidoo comes with a 1" track.

I imagine they will be basically the same - his will probably ride better than mine, but hopefully the viper will corner just as good. I don't care - at least I bought blue...

i am running a 02 viper with 1.25 track, HC's, 1 layer removed and i can beat my friends mxz 700 (1.25 track) out of the hole and on top every time. I also have a LP roller but i dont think it made that much diff. You should be able to take him.

Stock Viper is solid

I have an 02' Viper. I've been riding it, stock, for 3500 miles and gave just about everything I raced a good to great run. I've beat every ski-doo I ever ran against (mxz 700's all day) they were stock too! The only Mods I had at the time were 196 studs. I'll be honest though, Firecats eat up a stock viper by 2-3 sleds...what do you expect when their set at time-bomb specs from the fatory. I just completed triple piping and clutching the viper and she'll be a real strong runner this year!...153 horsies. It'll be doubtful that the firecats will have the same results this year..hehe Just so you know...your going to like it alot more then your 600...a lot more fun factor. :yam:

Merry Christmas SX600:

A couple things to consider:

1. make sure all the "updates" have been done - see your dealer.
2. If you need more out of the hole, drop one tooth on top, then hold on. It made a huge difference in my 02 ViperER. A do it your self cheap MOD. Saw a little decline on top end but I was more interested in the off the line power.

I added a 1.25 ripsaw this fall (worn out original track at 7,800 miles) and can't wait for snow either.

Good info - thanks. I wouldn't even consider racing a firecat. I'm sure the F6 could smoke the viper. I ride with 2 vmax 600sx's, 1 mxz 700, and 1 viper just like mine but without my track (neither one of us has rode the vipers yet).

It is a merry christmas now that there is actually snow someplace. I did get the updates I know about done:

1) dealer did the hood mod for me
2) I spaced the fuel pump up rather than using silicone
3) I got the updated shocks from the dealer and put them on myself

Back