Great Its Snowing

same thing here in Michigan..... I'm sitting here trying to get this Jedi mind thing to work..... "The Force"..... No matter how hard I concentrate I cant seem to fill even the yard with snow......

..... and I know my ice maker cant keep up with 50* weather!!!

Diddo. We got a blast of winter up here in Ontario a few days ago and today it is raining. But have patience it will come, this is North America, we couldn't escape winter if we wanted to.

thstorms said:
same thing here in Michigan..... I'm sitting here trying to get this Jedi mind thing to work..... "The Force"..... No matter how hard I concentrate I cant seem to fill even the yard with snow......

..... and I know my ice maker cant keep up with 50* weather!!!

I'm with ya! Rained all day, long term looks a tad better but still above 32 during day. We should know by know riding before christmas is a treat not the norm. Maybe in the UP some years but depends. CCC

we,ve had our third storm as of today.High winds and almost o visibilty.BUT there is a ton of snow now.This all in less then 2 weeks..Winter came in rather forceful this time around.Gonna be a LONG winter here.Only thing they are saying is that because the snow came early and fast way before the ground could freeze and the waterways..to be careful of all waterways not freezing properly because of the insulating snow cover... :o| need the river to freeze fast so I can bury the needle on my SRX.
This weekend will be drift busting again and getting stuck as usual..but it is fun nailing them drifts and pinning it thru 3 feet of soft snow..can I say floatation..

We had some nice & crappy weather today... I spent 6 hours on the road to the kids to and from school (one in 1/2 day K so 3 - 30 mile round trips). Ice all the way, I even had a meeting with a center median cement wall... The car is still drivable, but now I've solved the problem of which of our older vehicles to replace first... It rained all day yesterday, turned to snow around midnight and we got maybe... 3" total from it. Windy as hell today too...

I think its gonna be a bad winter this season.Weather patterns are changing and severe stuff happening in places that usually don't get that.I sure do prefer the accumulation of the white stuff compared to freezing rains.

Looks like we finally are going to see an entire week in the low to mid 30's from tomorrow forward. Hopefully that stick around and get even cooler.

Snowing in Grand Rapids, MI with about an inch on the ground and a couple more forecast. This would be good, except I fly out for business in two hours for the rest of the week.
Oh well, now my lawn will last instead of me tearing it up with "testing" tonight.

bluemonster1 said:
we,ve had our third storm as of today.High winds and almost o visibilty.BUT there is a ton of snow now.This all in less then 2 weeks..Winter came in rather forceful this time around.Gonna be a LONG winter here.Only thing they are saying is that because the snow came early and fast way before the ground could freeze and the waterways..to be careful of all waterways not freezing properly because of the insulating snow cover... :o| need the river to freeze fast so I can bury the needle on my SRX.
This weekend will be drift busting again and getting stuck as usual..but it is fun nailing them drifts and pinning it thru 3 feet of soft snow..can I say floatation..

This is the exact situation we have....... A ton of snow on semi-thawed ground. And water is mostly unfrozen or just an inch or two of ice, including streams and rivers. Big lakes only have ice around the edges. I wouldn't trust any ice right now, lest risking turning my sled into a blue submarine.

But I won't complain because it is white everywhere you look and people are out riding sleds everywhere!!!!!

The season has "officially" begun here ;)! ;)! ;)!

Mike

TODAY'S UPDATE A FEW INCHES OF SNOW LAST NIGHT . AND ITS MELTING OFF MY SIDE WALK , AS IT HAS BARE SPOTS :ban:
AND WATER RUNNING DOWN THE DITCH LINE

We finally got the beautiful white blessing!!!!! about 3"..... its been snowing in SW Michigan since about 1:30am 'till now, started sticking late this morning.

I was able to get some "testing" in !!!! and nope the ground isn't frozen yet
I have acceleration and deceleration trenches now....... uummmm marking the path that I want people to ride this year!!! you know.... the best line.... aahhhh the groove!!!

"It's ok Honey.... the grass is dorment... it's just airating the ground" LMFAO

Back