tagged out for deer opening day

mrviper700

VIP Lifetime Member
Well opening day for me went well, I was tagged out on a buck and a doe by 9:15am. Shot the doe down over the hill first,wasnt a big one but when the freezers empty of venison, they all look good. Tagged the doe and started field dressing the doe and over the hill comes this buck, I got him while still wearing the left gutting glove from the doe, never even had a chance to get the other glove off, he was on me so fast....lol

8 pointer with a 18 inch inside spread,nice shooter buck.

cellphone pics are pretty bad.

Attachments

• 2010buckdoe.jpg
    2010buckdoe.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 2010buck3.jpg
    2010buck3.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 123

Great job Don nice buck

Here's the 2 my hunters took last week here in Manitoba both 150 inch deer

Attachments

• 2010_1117Dawsonski0010.JPG
    2010_1117Dawsonski0010.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 5
Nice deer! I didn't see a dang thing during the season, then had one nearly jump right over the snowmobile while riding around behind Dad & Mom's house the day after Thanksgiving. I told my son it was practicing for Santa's sleigh...

i also filled my tag opening day here in wi. my first buck with a rifle. 9 pointer with a 19 7/8ths inside spread.

Attachments

• DSCF2239 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF2239 (Medium).JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 4
dang those are some monsters. Late archery started today. Maybe saturday morning I'll be back out. My monster bucks that I had on camera have all disappeared like usual when October 1 came around. Maybe they will be back out. I did get a 6 pt for the freezer on 10/30.

madzx2-NICE ONE!!!!! thats a beast!

Needasrx-Looks like cows with antlers....lol, maybe I need to come up North for a trip,sweet. Where abouts are you located in manitoba?

Keep the pics coming guys, always like to see the result of a good hunt! ;)!

Nice work guys. On opening morning I dropped a small 8 pointer from 290 yards at 7:00 am, and then a doe on the run at 10:30, from 377 yards. Both one shot kills, with no meat damage. My new loads on my Weatherby 338-378 performed beautifully. The size of them sure doesn't compare to yours though. We have small deer up here where I hunt.

Last edited:

Back