best srx pipes...

sxviper32

What are the best pipes for an srx? I've heard stock, aaen, modblasters, etc. does anyone have hp numbers for these different pipes? and whats the baseline hp on a 2001 srx 700?

the stock pipes are the best on the srx unless HEAVILY modified, and a stock 2001 srx is right around 142 h.p.

Keep it simple

I've read dozens of articles on tuning an SRX and the best pipes are without a doubt...stock. Put a Bender Silencer on it with the cold air kit and you have a incredibly sweet sounding and lighter SRX. Unless you plan on seriously modifying that machine you don't need to much else. Maybe clutching.

actually the aftermarket cans lose weight, but they also lose some horespower. Do definately sound better tho

well what if i have tmx 38's, porting that adds 14hp, v-force 3's, k&n's the following on their way, ATACC, Dually Dial-a-jet, hyperlite clutch, and primary set up? still stock or different? anybody use aaen's? if so, how did you like them? thanks for the feedback!

stock pipes will run up to about 170hp, after that your gonna need to go to bender big bore pipes for the volume, use the low rpm 8500 pipes. from what you have listed, stick with the stockers

Try Fix Power Sports Exhaust can mod will give you 7-10 HP increase. You will need to adjust your clutching to utilize the additional HP. It will also give you a racie sound but not as loud as aftermarket cans like the bender etc.

Hauler - I wouldn't be too sure about the noise level comment. I just put my silencer on that had the Fix mod and it's kinda noisy. It's probably pretty close to a Bender can.

It's going on the dyno this Sunday, so I should have results posted by Sunday night.

I can only say from the aftermarkets I have been around it is not as loud except if I'm running it in the garage but out on the trail I think it is much quieter than the aftermarket cans. Let me know what you found on the dyno, my friend had his done there this week and is putting it on the dyno tomorrow.

What did you find out, SRX70024? Interested in seeing if the gains are really 7-10hp for this silencer mod that Fix does.

power vavles

anybody know how to tell without pulling them apart if the power valve cable is detached from the valve???? mine is acting kinda funny, like it will run rite up to 8500 rpms one time and the next it will only hit around 7800-8000. could this be cause of the "loose" trail conditions? or something else wrong???

Has anyone been hassled by the authorities for non stock exhaust. I have been hearing about people being ticketed here in New York Police State.

Back