Truck Loading Ramp Opinions???

Spaz's SRX

I was thinking about getting a aluminium ramp for loading my sled in my truck. Anyone have any opinions on a good brand. Something lite and easy to use, not too expensive.

CFR- Cheeta factory Racing make the best ramp for loading the sled into the truck. 1st thing I bought for my sled and best investment so far, I use it everyday. Its not the cheapest, but when you only gotta buy it once.
And when you think about what your truck and sled are worth, you cant justify it.

you can use an atv ramp, just have to put some box liner or material down for the carbides. tore my old one apart 3 times because a carbide caught on a rung. prefer snow banks myself but early in the season they are hard to come by.

Maim said:
you can use an atv ramp, just have to put some box liner or material down for the carbides. tore my old one apart 3 times because a carbide caught on a rung. prefer snow banks myself but early in the season they are hard to come by.

That's what I used-- a trifold and screwed some ski slides to it with self tappers, and put some aluminum 1"x1" angles on the rungs for the track. I would like to screw a rubber mat up the middle instead of the alum. angles so the picks would bite in instead of catching. Works pretty good though when we have 3 sleds to haul, 2 in the trailer- 1 in the bed.

My dad built a wooden ramp over 10 years ago and we still use it today. It's just made of plywood that is layered and reinforced along the sides and ends. We lean it on the end gate of the truck, drive the sled straight up it until the sled is all the way on, lock the parking brake, and have two guys lift the back of the sled and slide the wooden ramp with the sled on top right in between the wheel wells. Don't ever have to worry about carbides or studs ripping up your truck or bed liner..... It was cheap and is easy to use, just my 2 cents!

Best I've Had

This is best for shortbox trucks with Long Tracked sleds 10' plus. It mounts in trailer hitch reciever and has front wheels and plastic slides at pivot point. When sled is loaded onto ramp lifting the sled level to the box is 20 lbs due to pivot point. No Back aches lifting. Just push it in. Being mounted back in hitch reciever the rack is more stable and won't lift going up hills

Attachments

• 2009104NIKON_3573.JPG
    2009104NIKON_3573.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 2009104NIKON_3572.JPG
    2009104NIKON_3572.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 2009104NIKON_3575.JPG
    2009104NIKON_3575.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 2009104NIKON_3576.JPG
    2009104NIKON_3576.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 2009104NIKON_3579.JPG
    2009104NIKON_3579.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 12
gild, is there a website for that one? or what is it called? manufacturer? or are you just a genius and built it yourself?!

Genius

You should talk to my Wife she just calls me body parts. No I saw something like this about 15 years ago 8' long and built my own rack and added the trailer hitch concept. I needed a 10' rack that I could take out easily without bolting anything down. It will fit almost any truck with a trailer hitch takes about 2 minutes to take rack out or install. The front wheels also let you steer it around on the ground to move it. You do need an emergency brake but its nice to be able to move it from truck to truck in case yours quits.

Back