lost steel clips,all

glinfam

VIP Member
I have two friends two diferent machines that have both lost all the steel clips on thier tracks.I cant see any skid frame damage or markes on tunnel WHAT GIVES?????

I had this happen to my SRX and it was due to the rear suspension setup. Combination of limiter straps being too long and too much weight transfer. I bought new clips and installed after fixing my suspension and all has been good.

Track tension and alignment can cause this as well. Once hyfax melts it can become glue when it hits fresh snow. Strong enough to rip the clips right out.

I have gone through a lot of slides over the years, melted them, siezed them to the track, run aluminium on clip to get home, broken every possible suspension part and then some and have never seen this let alone I now have two sleds in my shop with no clips and no sign of what tore them out. I am about to crimp new clips in and would just hate to loose em all again. Wierd

I agree, be sure to find the root cause or you will just be replacing clips again. If the track runs to one side due to alignment or broken suspension part, it will tear the clips off quite easily.

Like I said check your limiter straps and transfer rods. What happens is the front of the rails hits the clips and works them off. I had no damage to my rail tips or slides and everything looked fine. Tihgtened up my limiters and decreased transfer a bit and never lost another clip.

Could be just time to replace them. My stock track did the same thing with 5000 miles on it. Every time I went out for a ride I would lose at least 10 clips. Replace the track (upgrade) and now have over 1500 trouble free miles. Same skid and slides as before.

MONO? Very comon on those sleds. If its noaction chassis its most likely an alignment issue, running track rubberband tight, or suspension setup is whacked.

Back