phazer front susp. on enticer

98mtnmax

i have a buddy with a enticer 300 that he has extended to a 136 with a phazer skid. in the plans are a 440 out of an ss and a phazer front suspension. the subframes of the suspensions look similar but will they fit??

SX700triple said:
http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/showthread.php?t=73677&highlight=xlv+tss

Just did something similar last month...took me about 40 hours start to finish with a lot of breaks to drink my beer ;)!

Thats kinda what my buddy wants to do but he wants to put the whole front suspension frame where the enticer frame is because the phazer frame is a little beefier than the enticer one.

He had another idea and that was to sleeve the phazer suspension frame around the enticer one for even more strength.

BTW it is a phazer 2 front suspension.

that would definitely be more work but it is do-able. I've found that most Yamaha's with the tubular front frame(2.38" O.D. tube running across the front of the machine) are the same size. So with that being said... all you would have to do is pound a sleeve inside the tube on the machine and plug weld it in, then do the same for the pogo end of business. Then weld it up solid and all you have to worry about is steering.

awesome thanks for the help.
Another question; would the motor out of the ss 440 be worth putting in the enticer and what would the power difference be versus a 300?

I'm going to say yes it would be worth it on the swap.. I had a 1980 ss440 which was my first sled and it was pretty darn quick for a 440. They dont have a lot of torque on the bottom end but that can be made up for with clutching and gearing. As far as the power difference goes I'm not sure exactly but I would imagine you would gain anywhere from 15 to 25 HP going to the 440. Maybe someone with a little more knowledge of power numbers can chime in.

Back