No spark on 2000 SRX

RunninSRX

Website
www.diablosport.com
Went to fire the thing up today... nothing.
Arm got tired after 30 pulls but this SRX usually takes 20+ pulls to start anyway.
Pulled the plugs and checked for spark. None.
Any typical causes?
Things I can check?
SRXSpec mentioned a relay, but I don't have a wiring diagrm to figure out which one. White or Blue.
I got meters, scopes, hand tools and a big friggen hammer if needed.

Mike, the relay I mentioned is just for the electrical (headlights, tach). Start by checking the coils, then go to stator. What year is your SRX again? 2000 right?

Allen

I found what the problem was.
Seems like when it got real cold out a week or so ago, a mouse or some other thing crawled up into my SRX and decided my wiring harness would make good nest material.
It chewed through the harness that goes from the CDI box to the coills (3 wires).
I temporarliy fixed them and it started after about 15 pulls.
Still not sure why this damn thing takes so many pulls to get started.. must be another issue with it. It's done it for awhile.

turn fuel screws out a touch, maybe 1/16 or 1/8, and it should start easier. Dave

spark

did that sled ever have a tether switch on it? check that too, sometimes they get all gooped up (white corrosion inside)and create hard start problems. I know this is gonna sound dumb, but are you using full choke to start? the choke lever has 2 differnt places, one is half and all the way back over is full. starting it hot- you most always need to just crack the throttle lever with your left hand and pull with the right, it will start right up, call me Mike if you have any questions, I dont recall any start problems when it was here, take care,Don

Last edited:

Back