Green bay area???

howsahemi

Is anyone from the green bay area? We r planning a trip up there for new years and we r planning on going to green bay vs the bears game. I was just looking for advice on where to stay and also to make the trip perfect if there was any way to ride the sleds to the game??? Or at least near by the game. Any trail systems around up there. Have never been there so any info would be great thanks.

I am! At this point I would make a reservation where you can find one. Every time the Bears come to town, Green Bay treats it like the Super Bowl. Especially this year since its the last game and it affects the playoff picture for both teams. In cases like this, every room at every inn in town fills.

As for trails, it would be sweet to ride to the game. Unfortunately, the law will frown heavily upon that, since Lambeau is located in town. Trails start at the outskirts of town but to be honest, I moved back here in June so I'm not terribly familiar with the Brown County trail system. In fact I'm heading out to the local Yammi dealer to get some jets so I'll ask them.

Shooting in the dark, I would try the AmericInn in Howard (address and phone below). Its in the northwest corner town and I know there is a trail head near by. You'll probably be best off staying outside of the Lambeau area with a snowmobile trailer. Hope this helps.

AmericInn
2032 Velp Avenue
Green Bay, WI 54303
(800) 396-5007

My brother married into a family from Appleton WI and they have season tickets for the Packers.

Hotel rooms fill up as soon as the schedules are released for such games like the Vikings and Chicago. Not to mention the price of the hotels will also jump (some double)

When we head out for Packer's games, we normally stay south of Green Bay in the Appleton/Neenah area....no real preference on hotel. At this point, I'd be calling any/every place you possible can. I have heard realistically in the past for Viking's games (we were out there for the playoff game when Moss shot the "moon") and some Vikings fans were having to stay as far out as Wausau, WI (2 hours away) as that was the closet rooms they could find at the time.

Plenty of people pile in just to tailgate also.....that's an experience all it's own!

As for riding to the game on sleds, from what I have seen, the trail system doesn't support anything right to Lambeau. To many main arteries surround the field.

http://www.co.brown.wi.us/i_brown/d/facility_and_park_management/snowmobile_trails.pdf

There's a link to a website for trails of brown county.

Good luck with the Hotel search. Places fill up fast. Yes the closest hotel to a trail is the Americinn. The trail follows a river for a mile or two before you get to land. Brown County is very up and down on opening and closing the trails weekly sometimes daily. It all depends on snow conditions.

Back