oil in air box

pvggreenville

Hello all. I have a 2006 Venture that I started today for the first time this season. When I finally got it started oil was pouring out of the belly pan. It appears to be coming from the air box drain hole. What happened?

Venture 4 stroke? some times you get some oil in the air box if the crank case vent gets plugged, make sure it has a split in the vent pipe inside the air box..... did it stop or is the vent line still pushing oil?

Thanks for the quick responses. I shut the engine off as soon as I saw the leaking oil. I refilled oil and restarted negine and within 10 seconds oil was pushing through the air box drain hole. Oil level in resevoir was unchainged from last season. It pumped out about a quarter of a quart.

pvggreenville said:
Thanks for the quick responses. I shut the engine off as soon as I saw the leaking oil. I refilled oil and restarted negine and within 10 seconds oil was pushing through the air box drain hole. Oil level in resevoir was unchainged from last season. It pumped out about a quarter of a quart.

You need to look and make sure the vent pipe is not plugged, sounds like crank case pressure is not being relieved and its pushing the oil out the breather.

Make a post on ty4stroke.com, I am sure there are others that can help there as well.

I am not having any luck signing in on ty-4stroke.com. I looked at the vent tube and it does have the spilt in it. Is it possible that the pcv valve is bad? I am assuming that is what the round object is that has the crancase vent lines running to it.

pvggreenville said:
I am not having any luck signing in on ty-4stroke.com. I looked at the vent tube and it does have the spilt in it. Is it possible that the pcv valve is bad? I am assuming that is what the round object is that has the crancase vent lines running to it.

Not sure... as far as ty4stroke.com, you have to register on that forum like you did here they are 2 different Data Bases.

I replaced the battery this summer and did not realize that there was a crankcase breather hose connected to the air box even though there is a picture on the side of the box. The owners manual clearly identifies this procedure as well. Dumb me. Thanks again!

Back