Srx 700 vrs 97 mach z 800!!

powerssrx700

Gonna race a friend this weekend on the lake. He has been talking some mad s**t about he's gonna smoke me.
I don't think he knows how fast the srx 700 is.
He is stock besides uni air cones
I have a hauck secondary clutch not sure exactly what helix, spring or weights and hauck growlers.
Is he gonna beat me, or will I get to shut him up!

kirk700 srx said:
Get a set of 8DN 20's with 4.5 G each hole and 54/44 helix and you wont have a problem with that crap Z
CRAP Z ? rotflmao. BETTER HAVE YOUR ACT TOGETHER SOME WHEN YOU RACE ANY MACH Z, ESPECIALLY A 97 AND ON A LAKE. TELL YA ANOTHER THING, DON,T RACE THIS GUY WITH THAT HAUCK SILENCER ON THERE. 3:16 (yammie tony)

I had a 98 SRX 700 and I found the biggest issue when racing anyone was getting the sled to hook up. Its difficult to get the 98-99's to transfer weight. Also, its been beat to death but the stock SRX's work best with stock silencer.

i have 6 buds with mach z,s. properly tuned they drive away from a srx.

DON,T KNOW IF HE IS GONNA BEAT YA OR NOT. NEVER SEEN YOUR SLED RUN OR HIS. ONLY GOING ON WHAT I HAVE SEEN AND THATS NOT TO MANY SLOW MACH,z,S. AND YES THE GROWLERS WILL HURT PERFORMANCE NOT HELP. YOU HAVE YOUR STOCK MUFFLER ?. 3:16 (yammie tony)

jaydaniels said:
I had a 98 SRX 700 and I found the biggest issue when racing anyone was getting the sled to hook up. Its difficult to get the 98-99's to transfer weight. Also, its been beat to death but the stock SRX's work best with stock silencer.

Do you mean it produces more power with the stock silencer?

Someone (probably not a ty member, lol) will trade you the growlers for a stock can... That's what I did. An SRX is faster with the stock can any way you look at it. I as well as many other people on here have tried it. Yamaha def. did their homework with the exhaust on these sleds and its very hard to improve on it.

i would be more scared of the 95-96 machz with the c7 in them and the 780 motor, i have a 96 and my buddy has a 99 and he is seeing my tail light all the way, and that 96 is my wifes sled..lol.. and the wifes machz couldn't pass my 96 vmax4, now i can't wait to run it against my 95 v4..

those doo's really come off the line hard, that's for sure. You better have some traction & try to jump him a little at the start. Last year & watched a old ZR smoke a high dollar turbo Nytro, Nytro guy was sleeping at the line. Sometimes a lesser sled with a better rider will take it.

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm a motocross racer of 13 years and this guys a sunday rider. Also were on the lake and he doesn't have any studs.

I would be more inclined to be in your corner if you had a 2000 to 2002 SRX. They were much quicker than the 98-99 models with the revised porting and different ignition. You can make the 98 stronger though with good clutching and a good port job. I had a friend that had a 98 that was done up like that and it was pretty strong for it's time.

Here are 5 of my buds mach z,s in this pic & trust me...You do not want any part of this group.

Attachments

• sleds (528 x 396).jpg
    sleds (528 x 396).jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 89
The 97 Mach Z was probably the fastest year, besides the newer 1000s. It has about 155 hp and is about the same weight as the SRX. I think you are going to have your hands full with that sled as long as it runs like it should.

I AGREE, THE 97 WAS THE FASTEST. MANY USE THE 97 ING BECAUSE THERE WAS NO REV LIMIT UP TO BIG SKIDOO PRO-STOCK SLEDS. THEY ARE A TUFF SLED TO BEAT. HAVE RACED AGAINST HUNDREDS. THEY CAN KEEP THEIR REV CRAP SLEDS. LOVE THE OLD MACH,s. GREAT MUSCLE SLED. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Back