Spark Plugs

Well picked up 4 br9es's and 3 br9eix's for about 15 bucks from my buddys race shop.

I run the stock 9ES's....... but didn't know any better....

anyone care to share the difference in the plugs they run..... and why they like them???!!!

I understand the plug temps, but all the letters are freakin me out!!!

the top where the cap snaps on is solid steel instead of an aluminum tip threaded on.

Thoob said:
I run BR9ES solid. The thing is I don't know the difference, lol. I have just always used solid. Can anyone chime in?

The way to go...never had any problems with the solids!

Z06 FAN said:
The way to go...never had any problems with the solids!

Agreed, I have had a few issues over the years with the screw on terminals though.

The funniest instance was on the 87 indy trail I have. That sled is built up and clutched, and is so light it is fun to wail down rough trails. When I had the terminal cap strip out on one screw on terminal plug, the motor would cut out, but not die upon each bigger landing. It took me a while to figure that one out, but once I did, I swore I would never run screw on terminal ones again.

I have a question regarding plugs. If one plug fouls and I don't have any on hand, (happened the other day to me, lol) how far can I go safely with only 2 running. SX Viper. I was about a mile from home when I noticed it, I just took it easy until I got home.

on a fuel fouled plug you can run for a long time because the cylinder is still getting oil just take it easy, on a dry cylinder one that is not geting any fuel i would not run long or at least take plug wire off to limp to road

no1chevyboy said:
on a fuel fouled plug you can run for a long time because the cylinder is still getting oil just take it easy, on a dry cylinder one that is not geting any fuel i would not run long or at least take plug wire off to limp to road

Be sure to put the plug back on the plug wire or ground the end or you'll be buying a coil too.

Where you been Chevy?

i just tryed the br9eya's in my 600 and it runs like crap. seems like it wont clean out. i had a new set laying in my tool box at work and thought wth i'll try them. its boggy threw out the whole power range. put the br9es's back in and runs like a champ.

Back