What to do with old Hyfax and carbides?

alswagg

VIP Member
I was going through old parts today. I found a total of 8 used hyfax and 5 sets of old carbides. What does everyone do with these type of old parts? I mean the carbides could be used in an emergency but I would never install used Hyfax. Is there any use for the worn out hyfax other than the recycler? Al

old hyfax works good for the bottom of a snowplow to keep blade from gouging up concrete and blacktop drives.

I've saw slides used for treads on a trailer to help in loading, looks like it would work slick and cut about 12-15" long.At work we've used old carbides cut in chunks and welded to the bottom of snowblower skids for a virtually indestructable skid and seeing the carbides are generally worn down flat they don't scratch things up much at all.

Ya, I use the hyfax for the bottom if my ice fishing sled too. It keeps the sled nice and new and acts as runners to keep it from going from side to side when towing.

used a couple small chunks of mine for ski shims..... got my ski tips up and solved all my darting issues!!!

ottawaair said:
I cut my old hyfax into peices & burn them in the woodstove. They make a lot of heat.
:whine: I am by no means a tree hugging hippie fruit cup but dude, thats REALLY bad for the o-zone layer.

i hang all old or broken parts on the celing in the garage ...i call it the wall of shame makes a good conservation peice

Back