91 exciter problems

let_er_buck

wen I start my 91 exciter the T O R S ligh flashes and sounds lke it is hitting the rev limiter un pluged the wires from the carbs and it does the same thing I have not a clue any ideas? I want to go play....

its possible its the idle adjustment on the carbs. first check to see if the wires coming out of the carbs are connected or damaged, fix as needed. then tweak on the carbs. pull them out and make sure there clean or at the least run some SEA FOAM cleaner in your gas for about 15-20 minutes to help get some of the gunk out. if can not get it you can by-pass the system but i would'nt recomend it on a sled as you can't just pull in the clutch or shift to neutral.

I just pulled the carbs out to clean them befor we go ride I was told to check the throttle cables for slack and there is some and it just will start with the choke on and then when the choke is on it will start to act like it is hitting a rev linitor and when I turn the choke off it just dies I am new at working on sleds so sorry.... the T O R S is screwed into the carbs and has 2wires comming out of it that plug into a butt connector thing??

one of the first things you can try with T.O.R.S. is to bypass it by plugging the wires that come from the carbs together and the ones that come to those hook together as well and see if it comes out if it. if they work the same as an SRX, and i'm thinking they do, that'd tell you if the T.O.R.S. is messed up which they are commonly known for doing. Most Yamaha's ive seen that the T.O.R.S. is bypassed like this. Keep in mind this is just a band-aid for some other problem somewhere but it's a strong band-aid.

Back