93 ovation want to pull clutch!

limige

i want to pull the clutch to clean grease and inspect them, maybe put a new spring kit in. how do you pull the clutches off these sleds??

also, any info on the specs of the stock clutch?

the spring in it is not that strong. you can do it on the sled if the sheives are in good shape. usually just need cleaning with brake clean and a scotchbrite pad. do mine on the enticer this way every year.

ok, what parts wear the most, what do i look for when pulling it apart?

i pulled one apart yrs ago when i was in school, don't remember much about how they are put together.

i'm adding grease zerks to the tss suspension system, i keep getting water in the knuckle and its freezing up. appear to have a broken spring as well, shocks are trashed

look for flats spots or irregular wear on the rollers and weights. check all the bushings in the rollers and weights. if they are worn check the pins as they will most likely be bad if the bushings are worn through. new spring just because they are cheap and how old the sled is. blow it out with compressed air before dissasembly to cut down on the belt dust (reccomend doing outside)

stock specs would be on the ty home page in the tec section. there is also a link to the yamaha usa parts fiche and to port yamaha (site sponsor) where you could order your parts.

Back