Ripped Viper Seat

Allvipedup

I have a small "L" shaped tear in my viper seat and if I don't find a way to make it look respectable, I'm going to be forced to buy a Boss seat that I really don't want to buy after just spending $2000 grand on other upgrades. Anyone have some good ideas to repair this? The tear is around 1 inch x 1 inch and it's just the covering not the foam...thanks to those lovely lace loops on my boots. Got new boots...LOL My :Moon: doesn't like a ripped seat.

You know, the material that they cover these seats with is SOOOO thin and soft. I can't believe they don't use something from the sportbike or atv side of things. There are much more durable materials that they could utilize. Don't they know the beating a seat cover takes!

Can't help you with the tear. Did you price a factory replacement cover?

I've called a couple of shops to fix it...no less then $80.00, which I thought was high. Cordura would be the ultimate seat material....oh yeh, that's right...a Boss seat has that...OEM's need to take notes. Cordura would be lighter and probably 10 times more durable.

I had a little rip on my sled.. I put some "automotive goop" on it and it still seems to be holding up.Maybe if you found somthing to put over top of the rip and use that stuff it might work. just a idea

allviped up, i have a new boss viper seat for sale, i put it on the sled and then didnt like the look. 365.00 shipped, it listed for over 500.00. it has no flaws and is still new, perfect condition. ski

At walmart in the auto section there is a product permatex makes it its near the bondo, auto paint sand paper and such works great!!! just did mine and it is very strong..
Joey

I used a all purpose adhesive around the rip on the inside and put a piece of duct tape over the adhesive. I was able to clean the excess adhesive off the good side after it dried and the patch is not even noticeable. A small piece of fabric will work also.

I had a factory installed viper cover for $35 at a auto/glass shop in plymouth, michigan. If you need the ph # send a pm.

Back