Has this been tried???

yami1

Has anyone out their tried puttin a sweet *** triple into a newer vector or apex chassis?? Im a bit torn. Want to get another sled but cant decide which way to go. Loved my old 97sx 700. mostly for the motor and the light weight. Had a 05 vector and liked the ride. Thought of buildin one. One :offtopic: way or other. What do you guys think???? Probably definetly cheaper findin sx or viper chassis n trickin that out. Just thought a Apex with a triple in it would be way cool.

It would be cool. I bet we will be seeing more and more 4 stroke chassies for sale. Once a person screws up a 4 stroke engine, the cost is out of this world to repair. I think a 700 tripple would be great. Go for it Al

This would be a very difficult swap. The two platforms share nothing in the way things are done such as engine mounting, exhaust exit, fuel entry, engine angle and much more. A single pipe tripple might be doable but why? You would end up with a much slower sled than what you started with. I think building a tripple chassis into something that had similiar ride would be much easier than what you are contemplating.

opsled

Yeah Im sure it wouldny be easy. Is any swap though. I figured maybe someone has done it. Wasnt thinkin about the losin speed part of things. Was thinkin of the weight loss and suspension and handling part of it. Like I said I had both a 700sx and then a vector. loved how the vector rode loved the engine but hated the weight. sx i viperized n rode better but nothin like vector. Realize guys are puttin these skids in there proactions to but there gettin hard to find. ( older vmax's that is)

Back