What do you guys think of this Mod?

Daring

I found this on another site

96 Yamaha VX600 XT, Project Shackle lift,Longer Track,Larger Lugs,Higher Hadle Bar
http://www.snowmobileworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73943

What do you think? That is alot of extra leverage on the Pogos. I was thinking with the Vmax Pogos on my Phazer 2 I would only need about 2 inches more to match my M10 skid. I may have a guy who can machine the whole thing from the bottom part to the ski.

Last edited:

Daring said:
I found this on another site

96 Yamaha VX600 XT, Project Shackle lift,Longer Track,Larger Lugs,Higher Hadle Bar
http://www.snowmobileworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73943

What do you think? That is alot of extra leverage on the TSS. I was thinking with the Vmax Struts on my Phazer 2 I would only need about 2 inches more to match my M10 skid. I may have a guy who can machine the whole thing from the bottom part to the ski.

I can understand wanting to keep the balance with the higher M10 and as you said there is alot of force with longer leverage so, mounts would need to be made strong.

Last edited:
Looked fine before he did all that. When you sit on the sled it sinks a few inches so would it not be level then?

Dansvan said:
Looked fine before he did all that. When you sit on the sled it sinks a few inches so would it not be level then?

You are correct that the rear suspension will sink a few inches. That is called sag. But it also means the front will sink. I would like to try and have it as leval as possible.

Putting a lot of faith in those extensions... guess it all depends on the fabricator and the rider/terrain, wish I could throw a good suggestion in here, but that is a tough one...

What do I think of this mod??

One word.

Junk!!

opsled

PS. I wouldn't have that guy rake my lawn. I'd be afraid he'd eff up my rake.

opsled said:
What do I think of this mod??

One word.

Junk!!

opsled

PS. I wouldn't have that guy rake my lawn. I'd be afraid he'd eff up my rake.

lol, tell us how you really feel, you seem to be sugarcoating it.

The problem I see is the front ski brackets. Still has limited travel. I would think adding the extended travel shocks would have been better. The rear drop brackets are fine if located correctly. The height is a little tall for me. I am interested, as I want to lift and extend a 540 V max

alswagg said:
The problem I see is the front ski brackets. Still has limited travel. I would think adding the extended travel shocks would have been better. The rear drop brackets are fine if located correctly. The height is a little tall for me. I am interested, as I want to lift and extend a 540 V max

The only optional extended front TSS I know of (not that I have been around the block and know all) is from a Vmax. If there is another available, I would love to know. I'm sure bender and all those guys back in the day made all kinds of cool stuff but finding any of it is the tough. Then the real problem is the condition of the parts being that old.

I am putting the vmax TSS on. This should give me about 2". I am just looking for a little more (never said that before) to balance it out.

Back