hot grips

theo125

Hey all,
Got a pair of hot grips from Santa. Got the old ones off and it looks like they were attached to a yellow line with a black swirl. I also see a black line that was clipped at one time. Do I just use the yellow?
Only want to do it once-Thanks
The old ones were not working.

theo- if your working on the exciter, the black/yellow wire is the power and the all black wire is the ground. black/yellow to one wire on one grip, other wire of that grip to one wire on the next grip and the remaining grip wire to ground, the black wire. there should be some sort of resistor involved in the wiring at some point.

Hey Dad how's it going?
These don't have a resistor. There are 3 wires from each grip, the instructions say red from grips together to switch prong one, white to switch to ground and the black to hot wire. Can I scan the instructions to you? Should I hook the hot to the yellow/black and ground to the black? The last set had a resistor-hot grips brand, these are Polly.

follow the instructions provided with the grips. use the black/yellow for power to the switch. use the black wire for the ground attached to the white wire from the grips. i would recommend adding an in-line fuse between the switch and the black/yellow wire. good luck!

Last edited:

Back