phazer carb / choke issue

mattyg1405

phazer carb / choke issue / no fuel one cylinder???????

so i pulled the carbs today and i noticed one of the choke cable was missing... i found a cable and found the plunger stuck in the carb with the brass wrecked from being atuck and someone pulling the choke cable through... can i leave the plunger in there for now or do i take it out? if i take it out will it run too rich? or what should i do to get by for now ? with this plunger issue thank you guys :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Last edited:

im going crazy with these carbs so i soaked them allllll night in a carb medic can and then did my ritual of clearing all ports with compressed air, running wire through jets, and cleaning everything ive done this countless times and im baffled i put it all back together and i have no fuel on one cylinder, sleds running on one cylinder, ruled out spark i have spark both cylinders and its strong if i switch wires i get same results... i pulled them out (carbs) for the second time to adjust float and needle and seat, and get the same result im not getting fuel into the cylinder but i have fuel from fuel pump to carbuerator, am i missing something with these butterflie carbs? anyone ever have this issue im sure it some kind of minor detail but as of right now im sick i bought a sled and for the first time i cant get it running right ... im ruling out crank seal etc, leakdown was good 135psi in both cylinders pahzer only has 2000 miles but has been sitting any help would be appreciated

can anuone tell me if theres any thing im missing as to why i cant get the right amount of fuel into one cylinder?

Remove the spark plug of the cylinder that does not run and put in about an ounce of gas, reinstall plug and start. Does it run on both? If so, pull up on the choke cable of the dead cylinders carb while running. What happens?

When you had the carbs appart, did you remove the float seat? There is a screen on top. When you removed the carbs for the second time, was there fuel in the carb feed the dead cylinder?

Daring said:
When you had the carbs appart, did you remove the float seat? There is a screen on top. When you removed the carbs for the second time, was there fuel in the carb feed the dead cylinder?
the carb seat is the brass in the carb? that comes out?

no i didnt take it out and i couldnt tell for sure cuz most spilled out anyway but it seemed to have much less than the other/good side

Back