98 srx heads on a 2000 srx cylinder??

corvetteworks

I am going to put 2000 cylinders on my 98 srx. I am also going to use a set of viper pistons. Can anyone comment on any potential problems i may have? I have heard that the 98 heads may result in low compression due to changes to the 00 cylinders. I am removing a hauck big bore kit from this motor so it is possible these heads have been cut in the past?? I am unsure of the history.

Just realized that my heads will not work on these stock cylinders. Hauck opened up the chambers to work with the big bore kit!! DAMN! I need a set of heads now. Anyone have a set?

I might have a set for sale here soon, set of stockers off a 99. Have a set of cut heads that I'm going to do the cut and lift mod with, and if it works I will have my stock heads for sale. I'll let you know in a week or so if you don't find some by then.

i have a set of 99 heads for 150 shipped, i believe 99 heads on a 2000 and up motor will result in lower compression. 2000 up heads on a 99 motor gives more compression.

someone correct me if im wrong. using 99 heads on a 2000 you would need to cut them down a little, not sure on the difference. if you are doing a lift you need to cut them anyway.

Back