Looking for new jacket

00SRXWHERRY

Well I might be on the market for a new Yamaha jacket. I took mine to a cleaner to have a seam repaired and unfortunatly they ruined the jacket. They sewed threw the gortex layer in two spots about 10" long. So I'm suppose to talk to the Cleaner's owner thursay. Hopefully I get money twards a new coat. I'm probbly dreaming though. So who's making some nice Yamaha coats now days. My last jacket was a Rema gore-tex, layered it was a really nice jacket heres some pics of it I think I payed $300-$400 for it about 5 years ago.

001-15.jpg

002-18.jpg

go for the klim/yamaha stuff. best prices on apparel i have found is at yamahasportsplaza.com. actually cheaper than klim and it has the yamaha logos. i bought the klim boots with the yamaha logos for $149. klim dealers had them at $189 without the logo. same boot, same warranty.

I have the new team limited FXR jacket. the black and blue one with the black matching pants. Toasty. No need to layer.

I got FXR gear this year, didnt like the flat blue that Klim is making... I've only put 150miles on with it but it is good gear.

FXR has been making gear for Yamaha for a number of years. Good gear, with lots of features. Look on Ebay,lots of deals there.

it might not say yamaha, but i've been using and abusing the same columbia coat since i was in high school. don't plan on replacing it any time soon. in my opinion (just MY opinion) you look cooler wearing columbia or some other brand not associated with snowmobiling. especially when they get all good and dirty.

Thanks guys, I like the Klim for all its features but it dosent look all that cool. I like the all black Yamaha one the best. We'll see what the Claeaner has to say thursday.

I've been using Coldwave for many years. The stuff with the power skin is pretty good. So good in fact that I don't even look at anything else.

BigTimeFarmer said:
snip - in my opinion (just MY opinion) you look cooler wearing columbia or some other brand not associated with snowmobiling. especially when they get all good and dirty.

X2 - Never been into wearing someones colors unless they were paying me or at least providing the free bill board.

Reima warrior top and bottom... in black of course.

snomofo said:
X2 - Never been into wearing someones colors unless they were paying me or at least providing the free bill board.

Reima warrior top and bottom... in black of course.
x3
I wear an Arctiva, all black, so warm that the front and rear vents are almost always open with just one just one layer below.

SinNH said:
x3
I wear an Arctiva, all black, so warm that the front and rear vents are almost always open with just one just one layer below.

T-shirt or thermax, tek-vest and linerless outershell with the liner in the trunk just in case the ride home gets below -20f or so.

Back