Cylinders full of fuel on old phazer

86 phazer

ok so the other day I fired up my 86 phazer after sitting for two years and it was running real rough and the left bank was very cold. I pulled the plugs and found that they were wet, I cleaned them and pulled the bowls off the carbs verified that the floats and needles were moving free, cleaned all the varnish out of the bowls and put it back together. found that the enrichment valves were way out of adjustment, I adjusted them so they were closing all the way and put new gas in the tank. fired right up and ran like a raped ape.

so later that night went and pulled the kiddo around on the sled and gave her a few rides and all was good ran great fired up when shut off and no problems.

today after work I go out to take her for a ride and give the sled a pull and its locked up. pull the plugs and the cylinders are full of fuel, finally get them blown out plugs dried out and get it running, runs rich for about 2 minutes and cleans up ( fuel out the exhaust of course) ran great after that.

so I guess what I am after is what would cause all of the fuel in the cylinders, the only thing I can think of is the floats but I verified again today that they are not stuck.

Thanks all
ps still trying to find the bolt on cleats.

Back