Trailer Options

cougarguy

Wondering "how well" 2 sleds would fit into a 6X12 (or 6X14?) enclosed cargo trailer rather than using a standard 2-aside enclosed snowmobile trailer? I've tried a mock up in the garage using 2 -VMax (600 & 700 - 1 forward/1 backwards) and it looks like the trailing arm/running boards will be about 2-3" apart! Worried about bouncing and banging around if not tied down adequately.

Thinking there's much more versatility using a cargo trailer in non-sledding times of the year, which could be right now this year!!!! Any thoughts, advice, pic's?

If you were hauling two "old school" sleds a 6X12 might work just fine. With the wide stance in modern sleds i think you're asking for problems.

Just my 2 cents.

I would not worry too much about them banging or bouncing around. We put 5 sleds in a 20' with 4' v-nose enclosed all the time. With running boards and front panel less than a ft apart and less than a ft from the wall. You'd be surprised at how little they will actually move. The front 3 in our trailer are quite tight \|/ with them like that, skis forward in the middle one, and the other two backed in beside it.

Back