Yamaha Virgin

gooblio said:
My first Yamaha 97 SXVmax, I've had my buddies telling me to buy a YAMAHA for years. Well I got my first non Ski-doo been with Ski-doo since the 70's.
What I don't get with Yamaha is where's the suspension? They put a ton of Engineering into their machines, which I have to say a lot impresses me, but I don't get it when are they going to make a machine with some tavel in the suspension. You wouldn't see them making a dirt bike with 6" of travel when everyone else has 12" so why are they making sleds with little suspension.
This might turn me back to ski-doo time will tell. :o|
when you bought the sled you didn't know it was a short travel sled :ORC i guess think before you buy and realy think before you mouth something. BUY ONE WITH MORE TRAVEL MAYBE A SXR JUST A TOUGHT

i think that the suspension on my 98 sx is fine. perfect for cornering cant put the sled wherever you want when you want if you have everything the way you want and know what you are doing. i cant complain never has problems.but only 1800 on it!!! pretty much new.

all i can say the sx sleds with 8" of travel handle good but get rid of the steel skis and 168 studs and you will know what a slot car feels like. also when the sx came out if you didnt ride it hard 80% of the time you wold hate the ride.... short shock travel and rode stiff but ride it hard and it would skim the tops of moguls. i put the pp long travel in mine 10.5" drop out travel and the sled still handles awsome but has a little softer ride on top and stiffer on the bottom when you ride it hard. never bottom it out yet. also the 8" travel stock shocks get whipped pretty fast depending on rider weight and riding style,just my IMO...

Back