electric starter ?

cschibik

i have a 1984 srv 540 is there a electric starter made that will work on this sled ? it has a place for one . :o|

You can take the electric start parts from the XLV. I did that with my '89. Off the top of my head, you will need the flywheel, rectifier, solenoid, starter, and ignition switch. I fabed up my battery tray from a Phazer. You can replace the primary lighting coil with the XLV to have a dedicated charging source, or you can just utilize the stock coil. I was able to find the XLV coil NOS for pretty cheap so I went that route.

If you don't want to pull the flywheel (I had to make a special puller to get it off w/o removing the engine), you can just put the starter ring on the SRV flywheel in place of the mass ring on the SRV. Its a direct bolt up.

If you have any questions about it, you can email me at daryl_keys@yahoo.com. I don't get on this site very often, so I can't promise that I will see any response. I am on Sacha's SRV 540 site. I highly reccomend that site if you are not already on it. Its full of people who have a lot of knowledge on the SRV.

Back