Digatron jackshaft sensor on 98 SRX????

Yes, I just did it to my 01' SRX. The magnet goes into the collar, then put the collar on the jackshaft under the airbox and tighten down. Now comes the only hard part. You have to make a bracket up to put the sensor in. I used aluminum and riveted it to the tunnel behind the collar. Watch the distance of the sensor to the collar, they have to be very close without touching. I used a spark plug index tool to measure the gap. Any other questions, feel free to p.m. me.

How did you attach the collar to the jackshaft mine did not come with any hardware just the split piece of plastic that holds the magnets. As far as the bracket goes that will be no problem. Thanks for any assistance. Just to add some additional challenge my sled is dropped and rolled so the jackshaft is now in my tunnel.

I just mounted one to a viper - removed the secondary bearing nut - made up an L bracket - drilled a hole in each end of the bracket - one for the sencer and one for the bracket to the bearing plate - removed the nut for the bearing plate and bolted it to the back side of the bearing nearest the fuel pump - ran the wire through (under) the existing gas line protector for the shaft and under the motor in protective wrap.

I am going to phone them today about the collar. All it is is a piece of clear viynl (spelling?) tubing with some holes drilled in the side to take the magnets. Looks like it came from home depot.

Well talked to Digatron and they say the aluminum collars are prototypes and are not in full production yet. They told me to tie wrap the plastic piece to the jackshaft. Seems a little iffy to me. I still haven't gotten past the problem of jackshaft in the tunnel because of the drop and roll. I'm thinking if the sensor is in the tunnel it will get the crap beat out of it by rocks and branches, ice etc flying off the track. I don't run a speed so I was was thinking of fabbing up something to run off the speedo drive on the drive shaft. Anybody got any ideas??.

Thats BS - prototype??? - my unit is 6 years old - I took it off of a 97 800 sx.
I figured you had the upgraded home depo version.

Back