Looking for ideas on the cheap for next weeks radar run

kuips

I am entering in a radar run next weekend. I am just looking to see what I can do on the cheap or free to make the best runs possible. The track will be 800' long on a lake.

So far, only thing planned is to siphon the fuel so there is about 2 gallons left in the tank.

Will I gain anything by blocking the hood vents?
Also will I benefit from turning off the coolant rail?
My track is studded, and I have thought about buying a stud sharpener, but they are a litttle pricey.
Do I position my 240lbs over the fuel tank or as far back as I can get?

Any other suggestions? Remember I have little to no budget!!

have a good dump before you hit the track..lol that is about it.Make sure your belt is good,maybe scrub it down and wash and roughen up surfaces of the clutches with green srub pads and wash.Make sure that your ski pressure is set for minimal contact as possible and make sure you set transfer enough without lifting ski's to much at launch.

well today is the day to see where my machine stacks up against the rest. i was hoping for more input here, but oh well.
thanks for the belt - clutch tip. i do that every december b4 the trails open. did it 150 miles ago

for those of you that care (i understand that most don't), i ran in the 700 stock class with studs, my best was run 86.2mph in 800'

That seems pretty respectable for 800'. Did it hook up for you, or just spin? Its not that guys dont care, its just that you question gets asked alot. Some guys are just tire of answering it, as the info is on the site, you just have to find it and make decisions on which parts to use. Thats all. The best thing you can do(for free that is) is just have your sled tuned properly from your jetting, clean and adjusted powervalves, suspension setup(weight transfer), track adjustment, clutch setup. You know the normal stuff.

Meat

Back