Why did mice eat my gas tank

gbic1

Uncovered sleds today to ready for trip next weekend. I smell gas. WTF?

Photo_01.jpg

I have seen the bad pests make nests inside of sled and chew on wires but never anything like this!! Wow! Was the sled stored outside all summer??

first thing I would do is get a light and look down inside.the mice are probably getting hammered on corn or floating around dead.Now the next place to check for damage is your handlebar pad and the wires there..that's were they nailed me last 2 summers,last summer the worst I've ever seen.I think now I will not cover the sleds anymore.it seems to bring them in being dark and silent under the cover.My stepson's vmax was stored in the same place as my 3 sleds..but not covered..and they did nothing to his sled....
All 3 of my sleds were attacked by mice,nests,babies born there and the damage was bad.

That is amazing.....

BTW if you need another tank, I have one you can have for the price of shipping...

Nick

Wasn't there a thread here somewhere showing that mice had eaten inside a motor?

It took me a hour to think of it!!!lol do you think some food was spilled on the tank or cover maybie?I no blue has been known to eat cookies on his sled but really now this is the mother of all mice fredie kruger style.

I store them on a trailer under covers in a barn that is open on one side. I have never eaten on it. They did not eat the cover. Normal insulation on the belly pan. Hope to pick up a tank after the bears game. Other wise no trip next weekend. I also use no ethanol fuel. Maybe I ride the 600 next week end. :(

Sorry about all the pun..........i would freak if it happened to me.I dont no if you ever removed the gas tank but wanted to say watch you dont strip out the gramit i think you call it.It holds the oil tank to the gas tank and are prone to spinning in there hole.Keep some pressure on the tank with a screwdriver as you back the bolt out.

Back